Why are pass throughs so expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
If the passthrough is dropping the voltage it is using a battery and the USB plug goes to the battery charger and the atomizer/cartomizer is being powered by the battery.

Is there a way to make one? Sure, just get the $0.50 of parts and solder them together. An old USB cable, connector from an old battery and a switch should get you there. I saw a cute DIY passthrough that used a cylindrical M&M's container made by one ECF member that used the same concept.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Expensive? What's so expensive about $13 (e.g., for this 5V 510 PT from ElectronicStix)?

ElectronicStix5VPT.jpg

Yes, you could spend $80 for the crème de la crème (e.g., this 5V 510 PT from VaprLife), but you don't have to.

Vaprlife5VPT.jpg

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
The "expensive" passthrough that I had ( I think I paid $15) had a protection circuit that cut off if there was a short in the atty. It worked wonderfully. Unfortunately for myself, I thought the passthrough just didnt like that atty, so I screwed it onto an eGo battery and it fried the battery. Lesson learned. It didn't happen a second time.

IMO the protection is worth the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread