Why can't vendors label juice correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm not going to point fingers at any one vendor because it seems everyone of them do it. At least the countless ones I've tried.
It seems they either need a sale badly or need their taste buds looked at by a medical professional. I have spent way too much money on way to many bottles of mint ejuice mis-labeled as menthol. The difference between the 2 is not the same except they both have a cool feel and they both start with the letter M but that is all.
I'm tired of ordering menthol for friends and others trying to quit stinkies and getting into a healthier choice with vaping. Problem is they like menthol and everytime I get a bottle labeled Menthol it is in fact mint. There goes another bottle of ejuice for the trash and money down the drain. I have spent over $200.00 of trashed mint juice labeled menthol.
I just wished someone could teach them the difference between menthol and mint because there's quite a few people still smoking because of it.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
agreed its hard to find authentic menthol

halo has some but no tobacco taste to them
mr E has some that are close not mint but a little like vick but more menthol like after steeping

but most others I've tried are strait up mint

I can't understand why treat their prospective customers like that unless they just need a sale that bad. I'm glad I don't use menthol.

My recommendation would be to just find a good pure menthol, and add it to flavors that you like and would do well with menthol.
That was my suggestion but after watching me waste so much money on mis-labeled juice it scared them off. I don't use menthol and have ordered way too much to waste anymore money searching.
It's just too bad that vendors don't understand what they're doing to would be vapers turning them away from vaping just to make a sale.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Yeah, menthol users seem to be the picky ones..:)

I'm sure since you've been around as long as you have, you have some tasty selections...don't know why that can't show them that there's a plethora of good options..unless, they go smoke, hit it, and they immediately say, "OMFG! That tastes so delicious..."

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
I make menthol juices for my mother and many other's. I just bought the menthol crystals and did 10% to pg, I make a newport juice that most say are dead on. its all about having someone that wants menthol and will let me try 100 diff. mixes till they enjoy it, Now I have about 10 or so that are diff. tobacco flavors with menthol. the funny thing is that some want menthol but when I put a couple drops of koolada or spearmint into the menthol mixes it brings out some wonderful tones. also less than 1% of other add in's really make it pop. Good luck with the search my friend and if you are interested in a sample for a friend let me know.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
I'm not going to point fingers at any one vendor because it seems everyone of them do it. At least the countless ones I've tried.
It seems they either need a sale badly or need their taste buds looked at by a medical professional. I have spent way too much money on way to many bottles of mint ejuice mis-labeled as menthol. The difference between the 2 is not the same except they both have a cool feel and they both start with the letter M but that is all.
I'm tired of ordering menthol for friends and others trying to quit stinkies and getting into a healthier choice with vaping. Problem is they like menthol and everytime I get a bottle labeled Menthol it is in fact mint. There goes another bottle of ejuice for the trash and money down the drain. I have spent over $200.00 of trashed mint juice labeled menthol.
I just wished someone could teach them the difference between menthol and mint because there's quite a few people still smoking because of it.

Gee if they stopped thinking up absurd ridiculous names unrelated to the actual flavor intended it may go a long way to resolving the "What the heck am I buying" dilemma. "Sweet slice of heaven"? "Misty Dream"? etc etc Give us a break.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Yeah, menthol users seem to be the picky ones..:)

I'm sure since you've been around as long as you have, you have some tasty selections...don't know why that can't show them that there's a plethora of good options..unless, they go smoke, hit it, and they immediately say, "OMFG! That tastes so delicious..."

why is that picky

it is the same as getting a peach flavor and it taste like apple
its not what you ordered

mint is not menthol

Carless

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Valdosta, GA
What a coincidence. I was thinking of starting a thread or finding one today to add to because I've found a good menthol tobacco flavor that I like and have been vaping almost exclusively for the last week.
It's called Vape Placid from Kick Bass Vapor and although it's not spot-on with a Kamel menthol or Kool, it's pretty darn close and I like it. Great throat hit, too.
I like bakery flavors most of the time, but catch myself smoking an analog every now and then for that authentic cigarette taste.
My sons girlfriend asked me to source a menthol tobacco juice for my son, so I picked up 15 ml of 24mg/ml the last order I placed at KBV. No extra flavoring added as it doesn't need it.
I wish now that I had purchased the 30 ml bottle. It's keeping me from wanting that occasional analog and I think it may be what you are looking for Scardstud.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
The thing is if I wanted Peanutbutter juice I wouldn't want it to taste like strawberries. Same goes for Menthol. When I order menthol I don't want mint. If I wanted mint I'd order mint. Maybe some of you don't mind vaping 2nd rate juice but when I order a flavor that's what I want. There's no problem selling mint for those who like mint juice but to mislabel a juice as menthol that is mint and tastes like a mint is nothing more than a lie.

What a coincidence. I was thinking of starting a thread or finding one today to add to because I've found a good menthol tobacco flavor that I like and have been vaping almost exclusively for the last week.
It's called Vape Placid from Kick Bass Vapor and although it's not spot-on with a Kamel menthol or Kool, it's pretty darn close and I like it. Great throat hit, too.
I like bakery flavors most of the time, but catch myself smoking an analog every now and then for that authentic cigarette taste.
My sons girlfriend asked me to source a menthol tobacco juice for my son, so I picked up 15 ml of 24mg/ml the last order I placed at KBV. No extra flavoring added as it doesn't need it.
I wish now that I had purchased the 30 ml bottle. It's keeping me from wanting that occasional analog and I think it may be what you are looking for Scardstud.

And you are correct. That does taste the closest and I was getting that for one person.

Last edited:

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
The thing is if I wanted Peanutbutter juice I wouldn't want it to taste like strawberries. Same goes for Menthol. When I order menthol I don't want mint. If I wanted mint I'd order mint. Maybe some of you don't mind vaping 2nd rate juice but when I order a flavor that's what I want. There's no problem selling mint for those who like mint juice but to mislabel a juice as menthol that is mint and tastes like a mint is nothing more than a lie.

I agree with everything except 2nd rate

just because its mint doesn't make it bad there are some mint flavs I like
the problem I have is I also like menthol
it scratches a different itch
and when I order menthol I want menthol not mint
just like when I order mint I want mint not menthol

I like them both for different reasons

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I agree with everything except 2nd rate

just because its mint doesn't make it bad there are some mint flavs I like
the problem I have is I also like menthol
it scratches a different itch
and when I order menthol I want menthol not mint
just like when I order mint I want mint not menthol

I like them both for different reasons

That's great but if they are such a great mint why aren't they advertised as mint? 2nd rate juice to me is one that don't taste as it should or is advertised to tase like.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
why is that picky

it is the same as getting a peach flavor and it taste like apple
its not what you ordered

mint is not menthol
clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif
clapping.gif

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
That's great but if they are such a great mint why aren't they advertised as mint? 2nd rate juice to me is one that don't taste as it should or is advertised to tase like.

agreed that's my point

and your right about kool's and the same with Newport's

never had one that tasted like mint peppermint spearmint or otherwise

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
agreed that's my point

and your right about kool's and the same with Newport's

never had one that tasted like mint peppermint spearmint or otherwise

It's just too bad the vendors that do sell this juice, and some of them sell good juice that I buy, but it's too bad they can't label their mint and menthol what it is instead of what they want us to believe it is. I should of started this in the suppliers forum instead of general. Maybe one of the mods can move it there so they undertand what they're doing.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
they just know that their is a market for menthol and I guess its a hard flav
so they sell what they can to make money

many people buy it

and I'm sure some menthol smokers quit smoking with mint flavs
I mean its better then smoking but I know there are true menthol flavs it just takes so long and money to go through the vendors to find the right one

fortunately for me menthol has always been an occasional thing not an everyday for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread