Has anyone ever seen a juice labeled with "in case of" procedures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
It occurred to me today that I don't think I've ever seen such a label on an e-liquid:

In case of ingestion: induce vomiting?
In case of skin contact: rinse with water immediately?
In case of eye contact: flush with water immediately?

Has anyone ever seen such labeling on a bottle of ejuice (or perhaps included documentation)? Anyone think perhaps the emergency procedures for nicotine should at least be present? Going on the assumption nicotine is the most dangerous constituent of course, but I have no clue what happens should, e.g. menthol hit your eyes? I've received included safety procedures from is Wizard Labs, but I'm not talking about nic vendors, I mean on juice vendor labeling.

hanzo.esq

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
TX
It occurred to me today that I don't think I've ever seen such a label on an e-liquid:
In case of ingestion: induce vomiting?
In case of skin contact: rinse with water immediately?
In case of eye contact: flush with water immediately?
Probably a good idea.

Never saw that labeling on a pack of cigarettes either. Some of the new cigarette packaging has helpful full color pictures to help with open heart surgery or lung replacement.

Joking aside, that's still a good idea.

Hanzo.

SilentVapidity

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Minnesota
I would like to think that as adults we would already know that and not need it on every label. My riding mower has a label to not go forward if someone is standing in front of mower. I didn't really need that label.

Ok if I could see a picture of that label, I could really say "now I've seen everything." Seriously?

Mike Sheda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Tampa, FL
I think Doughlas Adams Covered this type of thing well:

Wonko the Sane was a marine biologist and scientist, the enigmatic John Watson (regular name) lives in California with his wife and a mysterious glass fishbowl, proudly remaining Outside of the Asylum.

Arthur and his girlfriend Fenchurch visit him in the fourth Hitchhiker's novel. He explains to them the meaning of the fishbowls sent by the Dolphins.
The AsylumEdit

One day, after coming across a set of detailed instructions on a set of toothpicks, John Watson, distressed and fearing for the world's sanity, built The Asylum to put it in and help it get better.

The Asylum can be described as a four-walled house turned inside out.

To elaborate: the ceiling turns outwards, the furniture and carpet rests on the coast, the door one would normally believe to lead into a house leads outwards to a lawn with benches and walking paths, an area John calls "Outside the Asylum", in which is mounted the instructions for the toothpicks to discourage going back in it.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
Ok if I could see a picture of that label, I could really say "now I've seen everything." Seriously?

I remove most of the labels when I get a new piece of equipment. I am in agriculture and you would be amazed at the type and amount of these stickers they put all over tractors, balers and other equipment. Just makes you wonder what kind of lawsuit caused the various warning stickers.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
As close as I have seen is:

"Shake well before using. Store in a cool, dry place. For use of 18 and older. This product is made with US food grade materials. May contain nicotine. Keep out of reach of children and pets."

And that is on the jugs my base comes in.

Tractors are as bad as 18 Wheeler tractors - sticker paradise, it'd take the driver an hour to read them all. Gee, if you drive one I think you know to make sure it's not in gear before starting, apply both the tractor and trailer brakes when you park on an incline, that the turbo hose is hot, that the fan blades will cut you if you start the engine with your arm in the way of them, that you shouldn't leave the ultra bright cab lights on while driving, that sleeping co-drivers are suppose to secure themselves in the bunk harness, that you might hit you head on the overhead cabinets, that only diesel fuel goes in the tanks, not to use the cruise control in heavy traffic, to turn on the mirror heat if the mirror fogs or ices..... UGH, all this mess and probably over one idjit that actually believed me when I told him his truck needed blinker fluid. LOL (Yes I sold that one to a rookie, he spent half an hour trying to figure out where it went, and stopped 3 times trying to buy the stuff LMAO) Right up there with sky hooks, motorcycle doors and asking someone to fetch you a flight line.

Last edited:

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
I've got Gary beat...my lawn mower has a label showing that you should not back up over babies/small children. It's locked up in the shop, so no pic right now. It's an Ariens mower from Home Depot.

My juice bottles have no warnings, but they're DIY bottles, so I wasn't expecting any. Wasn't expecting warnings on my Hangsen bottle and I wasn't disappointed.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
I've seen the whole skull and cross bones poison logo on several of them before.....

Tasty vapor has that along with "Nicotine is a poison and can be dangerous in high dosage. If ingested please consult a physician immediately."
Johnson creek "This product contains nicotine, which is known to be addictive and potentially harmful to your health. PLease be aware of the risks associated with nicotine use before using this product. Do Not Drink"
Mountain Oak Vapors "has a pretty long one saying basically the same as above.... lol"
Backwoods brews "18 plus only...handle with care keep away from kids and pets...use at your own discretion"

Last edited:

Aaron1100us

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2013
iowa
I had a bottle of Relaxinal Wild Mellow that had a skull and crossbones on it and said toxic if inhaled. ...?
y8ezygar.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread