Why do all my tanks leak and gurggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
I have mini protank II-the little rubber seal on the coil replacement doesnt block liquid from getting in and i get a gurggle

Have Davide which takes the same coil replacement and i get the same thing

Even have problems with the rubber seal on Viva Nova also

I am careful not to get the liquid down the center when filling- UGH!!

efinch

Jan 15, 2013
Mansfield
Could be a few things, are they original heads? Have you taken any wicks out? Do you tighten the unit together properly. I use bottom coil setups like the protanks etc only thing I've found is when they get to about a quarter full they gargle sometimes. Is your juice really thin? If you run them with the voltage too low sometimes they flood because the liquid is not vaporized quickly enough and they flood. What resistance are the heads and what voltage do you use?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Troubleshooting 101:

If your clearo is flooding, the connections are not tight enough--or too tight. Keep reading.

If you're using clearos and getting a burnt taste it means that not enough juice is getting to the coil and you're basically vaping dry, hot air or inhaling smoke from the gunk that's burning off of your coil. Not a good thing. Another case of bad taste maybe the tank itself--some arrive covered with some kind of nasty grease; wash them with soap and water (just the tanks--soak the coils in PGA or vodka).

There are a few things you need to remember when using a T3 or an eVod or a ProTank--in addition to keeping your coils clean and free of gunk that accumulates on them.

1) Make sure that the atomizer coil is screwed into the base tightly--every time you refill; they often come not fully tightened from the manufacturer, or may have gotten loose through repeated refills.

2) Look at all the inner seals and gaskets to make sure they haven't become dislodged.

3) Make sure that you screw the tank into its base tightly. If it's not tight, it will leak.

4) When you screw your clearomizer into your battery, do not overtighten--screw it in only until it makes contact--no farther, or you may push the center post in too deep and cause all kinds of problems, including leaking. When the draw becomes tight or the taste and vapor production begin to diminish, replace the coil. This will happen sooner (even as soon as one day of heavy use) if you're using dark, viscous, or very sweet juices. The old coil can be cleaned and dry burned.

5) Make sure you're not getting any juice in the center tube when you're filling--this will cause your eVod to leak like a sieve. If some juice gets into the tube, close the top cap, place a tissue under your tank and blow gently through the clearomizer to get rid of any excess eliquid. Also, extra condensation inside the tank may, on some occasions, drip back into the center tube. Wipe your mouthpiece dry with a q-tip or a tissue when you refill (or more often when/if needed).

6) Take an occasional "primer puff" (a slow draw without activating the battery) when you vape. It helps move the juice into the coil chamber and removes any air bubbles that sometimes form in the tank and may cause gurgling or impede proper wicking.

7) Take slow long draws rather than sharp and quick ones like we used to do while smoking cigarettes. Do not over vape, chain vape, power vape. Let the juice travel to the coil between drags.

and last but not least

8) Do not remove any flavor wicks if you're experiencing any leaking or flooding. Those wicks are there for a reason. If you feel that you have to remove a wick because your eliquid is particularly thick, do it carefully--one strand at a time.

Also, make sure you're vaping at correct wattage; I like 5.5-6.5 watts.

Good luck!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ok, let's try and break this down some.

I have mini protank II-the little rubber seal on the coil replacement doesnt block liquid from getting in and i get a gurggle

Doesn't block liquid from getting in where? Are you having problems with liquid spitting up the mouthpiece? Or problems with liquids leaking out the bottom of the PT?

Have Davide which takes the same coil replacement and i get the same thing

Same question. If you are having a common problem across multiple devices there has to be a common reason.

You aren't by any chance removing that silicone "cap" that comes in place on coils and goes over the vent tube? People have been known to do that... No - it isn't packing material. It's what creates a seal to the bottom of the entire tip assembly.

Even have problems with the rubber seal on Viva Nova also

Vivi Nova's have their own peccadilloes. Just the act of unscrewing the top cap to fill can loosen the coil, and the seal comes along with when that happens. Whenever you open a Vivi Nova you have to check and tighten down the coil assembly. It needs to be re-tightened almost every time.

I am careful not to get the liquid down the center when filling- UGH!!

Even if that was the problem, it would only be a very temporary issue. And almost all the liquid you got in the tube while filling would drip right out before you got the chance to put the base back on and turn it over. That isn't the source of what's going on here.

With the BCC stuff you haven't removed any of the top wicks underneath the vent tube? That does result in gurgling and flooding problems, especially with thin, high PG liquids. As far as the PT and Davide go, you might have received a run of bum coils that have little to no top wicks in there. Have you removed the vent tube on any of the coils to see what's going on? Better yet, if you have an unused coil from the same pack, open that one and take a look.

If you haven't done this before, take that new coil and slide the silicone cap up just a bit on the vent tube so you can see what you are doing. Wiggle and pull, and the vent tube and silicone cap will come off. That exposes the top wicks and the coil underneath. There should be two separate strands of very white, loose wick laying on top of the coil. You can gently lift them off with a toothpick to see what you have. If those top wicks aren't there at all you will see the metal coil wrapping around the wick inside the coil - don't touch that part.

If those top wicks are there put them back in. Wetting them with some water helps to control them and get them back in place. Then that's not the source of your problem.

But if the loose top wicks are missing you need to get something to replace them. (More on that later.) To get the vent tube back in place: You can see the base of the coil has two slots that the wick inside the coil extends through. Put one edge of the vent tube base against one of the sides with the slots and push the vent tube into place from there.

Wildflowers69

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Rochester, New York, USA
Thanks all for your replies-I think me problem was atomizer not screwed in tight enough...on Davide and Mini pro tank and my voltage was too high

but on the nova the top seal (silicon ring) on the replacement head/atomizer does not come up far enough to create a seal so when it is laid on its side or turned upside down it leaks into the tip and gets into the center post. So i took the seal from the drip tip and placed it in the top seal of the atomizer - this now keep the liquid from getting in the center post and tip- but shouldn't have to do this

Last edited:

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Hello there newb,

You can short circuit all this clearo nonsense by just getting a bottom feeder. The REO is probably the most well known but it's also fairly expensive (about $144 or so). It's completely worth it though, it's your all day, hassle free box of juice joy. I do have a Reomizer on mine which requires rewicking every other day but this takes about 10 seconds or so. Even if you don't build coils the thing works very well with stock atties.

Finally, there are other bottom feeders out there. Vapage sells the vmond for about $80 or so but I don't own one.

I used clearos for quite a while. Once I tried bottom feeding though it was a real eureka moment. No more dry hitting (once you get used to squonking), no more wicking issues, no more leaking, no more tilting, swirling, shaking and so on. Get a Reo, even if by some miracle you hate it which you won't, you can probably sell the thing for 90% of what you paid for it here on ecf.

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
My friend I had a vivi novs (Clone) it leaked the very first day on. I tried everything but could not avoid leaking. Than I found in you tube I think the guy said if you screwed top very tight it would leak. Now I screw it with finger screw tight and it doesnt leak. Also after that I noticed the middle metal part on base is leaking too bu I dont know how to end it. so when leaking I try to turn it a bit untill it doesnt leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread