Why do disposable ecigs last longer than non-disposables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
I have never tried one but from what i can see from video reviews and from what vendors say is that their cigs which are disposable last around 20 cigarettes, you dont get a charger with it just the cartomizer and the battery. Obviously if this is lasting a full day or more if your only a 10 a day smoker then why is that ones which are not disposable constantly need charging and refilling?

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
I've never bought a gas station style pv, but every time I read those advertisements I just shake my head. I don't believe most of there claims & they also aren't clear on the nic levels. They just state a percent, never defining what that start mg is.

There's really no way they last as they claim. Only thing is most people who buy them don't know any better or they way they could be with a good pv. It's also why every one I know who owns them still smoke the stinkie's.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Started with 21st century smoke from a gas station. They say it will last 300 puffs. More like 75 cause u puff so hard trying to get your fix. Battery life is relative. My provari uses a battery in a day but its at 4.5 volts most of the time. I hear a Darwin can last 3 days. Its hard to judge battery life even per PV though cause we all vape diff. If it where me knowing what I know now, just start out with something better or your making it harder on yourself. If not the chances of the cravings being more then u can take are great.

Frequently, what is done with disposables is that a comparatively large primary battery is paired with a higher resistance carto. This combination is possible because you only need room for a switch, LED, and direct connections to a pre-filled carto--no electronics are necessary.

The lower current demand of the battery *does* cause the battery to last longer, because it's not a rechargeable battery. In testing such units out, I've actually gotten a week or so of occasional use out of some of them. However, when it's either burned or dead, it's a gonner.

Space-wise, rechargeable batteries have less current capacity than primary batteries do, so this not an unanticipated state of affairs. Problem is that it's a single-use device.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
Frequently, what is done with disposables is that a comparatively large primary battery is paired with a higher resistance carto. This combination is possible because you only need room for a switch, LED, and direct connections to a pre-filled carto--no electronics are necessary.

The lower current demand of the battery *does* cause the battery to last longer, because it's not a rechargeable battery. In testing such units out, I've actually gotten a week or so of occasional use out of some of them. However, when it's either burned or dead, it's a gonner.

Space-wise, rechargeable batteries have less current capacity than primary batteries do, so this not an unanticipated state of affairs. Problem is that it's a single-use device.

Thanks for explaining that to me, makes alot of sense and justifies what some vendors say

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
I've never bought a gas station style pv, but every time I read those advertisements I just shake my head. I don't believe most of there claims & they also aren't clear on the nic levels. They just state a percent, never defining what that start mg is.

There's really no way they last as they claim. Only thing is most people who buy them don't know any better or they way they could be with a good pv. It's also why every one I know who owns them still smoke the stinkie's.

Percentage is what alot of vendors are doing nowadays, basically 1.6% means 16MG and so forth

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Yea, I forgot about the fact that regular batts are generally stronger than rechargeables. The plus for rechargeables is just that they are re-usable, generally not stronger or as strong even.

I still doubt the 20 cig comparison though. Maybe if someone isn't doesn't draw hard vapes.

The basis is that a regular cigarette contains 1mg of nicotine. The carto contains 24 mg of nicotine. But the 'burning' process is different and absorption by vaping is far less they by burning vegetative matter. For it to be true the absortion rate of nicotine, by vaping, would have to be 100%.

Experience says a carto of 1 ml and 24 mg is only about equal in nicotine intake to less then half a pack. That's why folks routinely vape 3 ml a day, on average. I can't quite vape that much, probably only around 2 ml. So, compared to my 2PAD habit of analogs my vaping is taking less then half of what I was getting by smoking.

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
Yea, I forgot about the fact that regular batts are generally stronger than rechargeables. The plus for rechargeables is just that they are re-usable, generally not stronger or as strong even.

I still doubt the 20 cig comparison though. Maybe if someone isn't doesn't draw hard vapes.

Definitely makes me think of a Duracell or Energizer in a digi-cam versus rechargeable AA's

RickH

Feb 4, 2012
NC
I initially tried Mistic ecig from Sam's club and can be found at convenience stores. The battery life is very good, not sure what type of battery they are or what resistance the cartos are but they do seem to last. I was surprised at how quickly the 510 batteries ran down when I first switched to Joye, had to quickly switch to an Ego for that reason. The Mistic is an auto-battery and after several months still hold a charge very well. I did try refilling cartos on these, but if any eliquid gets out of the carto it clogs up the battery and the draw gets very tough.

Tried the blu menthol disposable, and it was crap. Great vapor, but barely any throat hit. Very dissapointed with that purchase that cost me 10 bucks. Then i bought a mistic from wal mart for 8 bucks that came with a rechargeable battery and usb charger, and was impressed by the flavor, throat hit, vapor production and battery life. If you need a disposable, go for mistic, because you can always reuse the battery and save money.

Jay99

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
United Kingdom
]
imager.php

When I saw this title.

DMF

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2010
Slower Lower Delaware
A very few of the disposable manufacturers use gel base nic solution.(nu1s is one company that did. don't know if they still do.) That , if not dried out, can last a bit longer than the liquid. I haven't seen any vendors that sell gel nic base though beyond that. I can't imagine refilling a carto would be an easy thing with gel, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread