RDA Why do some mutation x RDA's have the "chuff" looking drip tip ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
I was looking into picking up some new rda's, and a I'm really liking the rda's that have that huge bored out look, not sure what they're called exactly, I can only find that they look like chuff drip tips. I saw that some mutation x's come with this style, and the others come with this kind: http://vapenw.com/media/catalog/pro...8a1c0f4afe3/m/u/mutation_x_rda_by_tobeco_.jpg

I'm looking for this kind: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...65759d1408310397-mutation-x-rda-wow-image.jpg

I'm having the same problem for the doge RDA, some come with the "competition" drip tip, some come with the small one, and some come with none. Haha, sorry if this question has been asked already. I would appreciate the help, thanks!

Ace64

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Dude! It depends what you want to do. I just want to keep off the analogs! my current device of choice is a mech mod with a helios atty. I build between .33 and .50 ohms. Currently I am using 26 guage wire 8 wraps on my thinner screwdriver. YEA I like wrapping on a screwdriver better than a drill bit.

Anyway I did the new mutation X V2 with the wide bore drip tip. It is TOO big for what I was looking for. The purpose is to let more airflow to enable a "bigger" or much ohm build and hit without being too hot. I tried a few crazy low ohm builds on it and determined it was not for me. YES, you can blow some huge clouds with it. I was told it is more of a cloud competition type atty, more than an everyday deal.

What is the problem you are having or what are you trying to accomplish?

oDANo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2013
VA
The Doge and MutX both generally come with standard drip tips. The wide bore drip caps are usually aftermarket accessories that can be bought. Some clones of both attys come stock with the drip "chuff" caps.

Don't some of the clones have a fixed drip tip? And the airflow adjusters are connected to the drip cap, so if I purchased a wide bore cap aftermarket, would I lose the ability to adjust airflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread