Why do we steep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I understand what steeping does and many of the methods of doing it, but what does it exactly do? Is it just time for the flavors to blend? If that's it, then could you blend the flavors ahead of time and just mix it with PG/VG for a short time and vape? Do the chemicals break down in PG/VG and mature? Last question. How to the manufacturers do it? I would guess that they mix and set it on a shelf but we all know that time is money so I know someone has better secrets that "place in a dark, cool room".

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Is it just time for the flavors to blend? If that's it, then could you blend the flavors ahead of time and just mix it with PG/VG for a short time and vape? Do the chemicals break down in PG/VG and mature? Last question. How to the manufacturers do it?

It is time for the flavors to blend and that includes blending with the PG/VG - the more the flavors mixed in - the longer the blending process - that is why some juices require two days and other require two weeks - same with vendors juices.

Reactions: Baditude

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Steeping is a melding together of all the liquid components (PG/VG/Flavoring and NIC). Each components molecules break down and combine into different components. This process takes time and although it's not true with all flavoring it is more so true with tobaccos and creams.

you can read more about steeping in my steeping blog

Everything you wanted to know about steeping and then some. | E-Cigarette Forum

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Read the blog. I guess the question I should be asking is there any other way to break down the chemicals? Sonic agitation sounds feasible. What about pressure? How about mason jars and a pickling method? Possibly some sort of vacuum? I know it's alot of questions but I also know there is a way. I feel like David Banner walking down the road in search of a cure. Thanks for the info Danny.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Read the blog. I guess the question I should be asking is there any other way to break down the chemicals? Sonic agitation sounds feasible. What about pressure? How about mason jars and a pickling method? Possibly some sort of vacuum? I know it's alot of questions but I also know there is a way. I feel like David Banner walking down the road in search of a cure. Thanks for the info Danny.

Yes, Sonic, Ultrasonic, Heat, Natural, Seeding, Agitation, Magnetic stirer etc....
And I've even read some off the wall methods such as jogging while having the bottle in your pocket, Putting it in your hub cap and driving, The one I liked the best was putting it between a girls breast and leaving it there for the day:) Not sure how effective that one is but it would be sure nice to watch:)
I list the most common methods in my blog.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread