Why does it seem like not too many people buying juice feeders and are using tanks ? Why tanks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Just getting back to the forums after years away, but i have been vaping non stop for five years. I figured by now there would be a huge number of juice feeders on the market but there really doesnt seem to be...

I currently own 2 juice feeders and they are amazing - fill it up with 6ml of ejuice and stick a 510 atty or cartomizer or rebuildable and you are off to the races. Both my feeders are from reosmods and they are great. Finally after all these years and wasted gear a rebuildable on a juice feeder is just awesome. Will cost me 2.50 a month on wire and 30-40 bucks on juice.

However, just to change things up i just ordered a regular pv to have as a backup that takes tanks. Just purchasing it out of curiosity and to try these tanks. In addition the model im getting has built resistance tester which i was gonna buy anyways......

So what is the big appeal about tanks ?

And i know its personal preference obviously but if anyone has tried at least a few different ones please help with what your favorites are considering : performance. Vapor production. Throat hit, reliability. Ease of use, price -

Thanks

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
My guess is that it's a natural flow of things.

Most people start with a gas station disposable.
Graduate to a rechargeable cigalike. That has a carto on it. They realize that battery life is terrible.
Graduate to Egos with the same carto. Realize that juice capacity is terrible.
Put the same carto into a tank.

At that point, some people are happy with both battery life and juice capacity, so they stop.

Others start chasing vape quality and explore rebuildables on various mods and bottom feeders.

Realistically, it's not necessary. I think an Ego with an easy to refill tank or clearo is enough to keep vast majority of people away from analogs. And, I would guess, majority does stop there. The unfortunate minority starts reading ECF, sees all the shiny options and big fluffy clouds, and starts looking for their perfect vape :)

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
I wouldn't mind trying a feeder mod. Don't have the funds though. Back in August I seriously contemplated buying a reos or trying to score a billet box, but ended up buying a Provari instead. The safety features on the Provari where the main reasons. Trying new tanks can be fun :) I used cartomizer tanks for quite a while, and now I use clearomizer tanks. It's fun to try new things and see how they work, or finding something that works really good. There's also the aesthetic appeal. Lots of options for customizing your stuff.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
but if anyone has tried at least a few different ones please help with what your favorites are considering : performance. Vapor production. Throat hit, reliability. Ease of use, price -

Thanks

my favorite is the Iclear30,,,,,,,,,the regular one, not the 30s or the 30b,,,,,

I like them because they are easy to fill, easy to change the heads on, they are pretty cheap, the flavor is great, and since they are dual coils, the vapor production is pretty darned good.

the only down side I can see is that they burn through juice pretty fast, due to the dual coils. But if you DIY they are fantastic.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Your REOs are now colloquially known as "bottom feeders." Those who own REOs are known as "reonauts" (like astronauts). Reonauts refer to those who don't own a REO (have naught a REO) as "reonaughts." You can catch up on what's going on in the REO world in the Reos Mods vendor sub forum here, fondly known as "Reoville." It's where all the reonauts hang out.

Ever since Kanger came out with the ProTank, new vapers have started calling clearomizers, "tanks." Clearomizer are easy to use, and popular among new vapers despite frequent problems with burning and flooding, and their relatively muted flavor. More experienced vapers either use carto tanks (the veteran interpretation of "tank,") on cartomizers, or rebuildable atomizers (RBAs), but there is still a cadre of hard-core veteran drippers who use nothing but, or mostly disposable attys (including the HH357) for the ultimate in flavor.

I'd recommend the IBTanked carto tanks on punched (thin juice) or slotted (thicker juice) cartomizers. When you're ready to graduate to rebuildables, you can use a carto-sized RBA such as the Diver or Sophia in your carto tanks.

Last edited:

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Never new the definitions before nico and i am a member actually of reoville. it worked so good that after 2 years of vaping i finally found the reo device and been vaping that exclusively for 3 years. Damn reo made me leave the forums As i would be too tempted to buy the next craze which inevitably would be "crap" like the thousands i spent before the reo. - fill 6ml ! And go !!!!!! One 18650 in mod and one for later - i have dropped it 50 times and still ticking great

Like i said i shocked there are so few vendors doing them now as at the time i left the forums it was kinda all the craze (and rightly so) - the homegrown mod "carlos juice" for you old timers

Thanks for the comments so far on the tanks - yeah 5 years of vaping and i have never tried one - look forward to something different to fiddle with and try...

Thanks for the tip on the regular iclear30

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I prefer using cartotanks, more specifically the pyrex IBTanked cartotanks.

IBTankedXL22.jpg TinyTank.jpg IBTanked_Std_22mm_Tank.jpg

I use many different flavors of juice throughout the day, I don't have an All Day Vape. I typically switch flavors 3 - 4 times a day, and have multiple tanks for each flavor. To change flavors, I just remove the tank and put another one on. Using tanks in this way is much more convenient than use a bottom feeder box mod like a Reo.

I've used a bottom feeder before, the Vapage VMod. It was nice for what it is, but not being able to conveniently change flavors with it was a con.

VMod-XL.jpg

Some people just do not like the form factor of a box mod, too.

Last edited:

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
as you are an experienced builder and want to try something diferent (and coming from a REO) you won't get the satisfaction from an iclear you should look into a kayfun type like the following options:
kayfun
kayfun lite
the russian 91
squape
aqua

those are your best bets as they provide a on par experience with the reos and have a tank

degnr8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
I think Commie pretty much nailed it. People that started after the advent of cartos & clearos didn't have the need to take up dripping just to have reliable juice delivery. This meant they didn't experience the awesomeness that is dripping flavor & vapor. The cartos provided adequate flavor and they stopped there. Us old drippers couldn't really migrate to tanks because they didn't match the performance of dripping so progressed to bottom feeders (remember the juice box mod) to get the flavor with the convenience of not having to constantly top off.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
At one extreme, you have the disposable atty, the Holy Grail of vaping flavor, including the debridged Joyetech 510 as well as the Cisco HH357. It's no more than a couple of drops of fresh, uncooked juice on a coil directly below the drip tip, with no more wick than it takes to fill the coil. More like fresh produce.

At the other extreme, you have cartomizers, where the juice is cooked for an hour or more in a wad of (not entirely tasteless to some) polyfill surrounding and adjacent to a coil. Sometimes it's even pre-cooked in a carto tank before being cooked in the carto. More like convenient, but heavily processed canned produce.

In between, you have tanks containing wicked atomizers where the juice gets cooked, either from the top with CEs, Vivi Novas, and Genesis types, or from the bottom with EVODs, ProTanks, and Kayfun types. More like steamed to microwaved produce.

REOs, used with either the originally designed for disposable attys or with a bottom-fed RDA with tailless wicked micro coil, may be as close as one can get to the disposable atty dripping experience, with extended juice capacity. Squeezing the bottle floods the atty, soaking the coil/wick, and releasing it sucks the excess juice out back down into the feed tube, away from the heat. That's why it's called dripping upside down.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I use my 2 REOs + RM2s at home. Unfortunately my hands are small enough that I cannot drive using them. SO for out and about I use an ego + carto tank or a clearo. That is why I use things other than my REOs.

Please don't take it the wrong way, but how small are your hands? Really, not flaming you, whatever works for you, do that. Just trying to help.

If you prefer a Reo/RM2 to an Ego/clearo, have you tried Reo Mini? I have a Mini 2.1 sitting on my desk, and, while my hands are only slightly smaller than average size, I can hide the entire mod in my fist. The original Mini (the 14500 variant) was noticeably smaller than that.

If not, I could also recommend VMod 2.0, which is even smaller than that. About size of two 600 MAh Egos side by side.

JB Goode

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Bronx, NY
My guess is that it's a natural flow of things.

Most people start with a gas station disposable.
Graduate to a rechargeable cigalike. That has a carto on it. They realize that battery life is terrible.
Graduate to Egos with the same carto. Realize that juice capacity is terrible.
Put the same carto into a tank.

At that point, some people are happy with both battery life and juice capacity, so they stop.

Others start chasing vape quality and explore rebuildables on various mods and bottom feeders.

Realistically, it's not necessary. I think an Ego with an easy to refill tank or clearo is enough to keep vast majority of people away from analogs. And, I would guess, majority does stop there. The unfortunate minority starts reading ECF, sees all the shiny options and big fluffy clouds, and starts looking for their perfect vape :)

I'm really glad you posted this. Although I love ECF, there's many times that I get overwhelmed by many things I see, not that they're bad, but I sometimes feel that in order to get the best product in order to properly vape, I need to get the more expensive things that are for sale. I think that the best upgrade I did was going from polyfill to easy to refillable cartomisers. I'm quite happy. Thanks.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Must admit I've found my vaping nirvana with the following combos :

At work - A Vmod XL and Vmod mini - for ease of use, superb flavour and vapour. I only use the AMG slant coil attys in them though, but I can get almost 3 months from each one. Tried the silo cartos and hated them.

At home - A dripper for trying out new DIY juices. A Reo with an RM2 - seems to be the only set-up that can cope with my Cappuccino juice. Plus various gennies using SS rope and various Kayfun/Taifun/Russian style attys with cotton micro/nano coils.

For me this is as good as it gets. I might actually start saving some money on my vaping now I've found what works for me :D

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Must admit I've found my vaping nirvana with the following combos :

At work - A Vmod XL and Vmod mini - for ease of use, superb flavour and vapour. I only use the AMG slant coil attys in them though, but I can get almost 3 months from each one. Tried the silo cartos and hated them.

At home - A dripper for trying out new DIY juices. A Reo with an RM2 - seems to be the only set-up that can cope with my Cappuccino juice. Plus various gennies using SS rope and various Kayfun/Taifun/Russian style attys with cotton micro/nano coils.

For me this is as good as it gets. I might actually start saving some money on my vaping now I've found what works for me :D

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
i would prefer a tank (kayfun being my personal choice) over a bottom feeder (reo) just due to the size. the reo is too big for me to carry around everyday in my pocket (i share my vape pocket with my phone)

The Reo Grand is smaller than a pack of cigarettes. In fact, I'm looking at specs that say the Kayfun is 87mm tall, making the Reo about the same height as the Kayfun by itself. My Reo with an RM2 on top and a drip tip comes in around 130mm total. Pocket friendly indeedy; the picks make it look bigger..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread