Anyone own both the mvp itaste 2 and the innokin vtr and a couple questions on tanks :) ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey,

Been reading some good things about the itaste mvp 2 :

What is the vtr version ? Why is the price double ? What does the vtr do that is so special ?

Anyone own both and can make a recommendation? Leaning towards just the regular itaste obviously cause of the price and i already have mech mod that i like (reo grande) and a vv mod. However they are both juice feeders which i love ! Reosmods does a a great job at making these great juice feeders. Ive always loved the idea of filling up 6ml of juice and going.....

However, i am possibly looking for one mod that is different than what i have been using for years...looking for a variable wattage mod (not essential- along as it has at least vv), and looking to explore tanks just for the heck of it. I have been vaping 5 years and never ever tried a tank. I never needed to in the past.

Also like i mentioned reos are so well built ive had one over 3 years and its still going strong, has anyone owned innokin mods or the two i referenced for awhile and has it held up? Its getting old for me to spend money just to have it break in 5 months.

Lastly what tank would you suggest with these or in general. I guess its obviously personal preference but if anyone reading this has alot of experience with tanks that can definitively say which one or couple are great, that will be helpful. What i would be looking for in a tank/atty i dont even know the right term would be: performance (taste,throat hit, vapor production), ease of use, durability.

I guess i should have named this thread 21 questions... Ay yi yi

Any input is appreciated...

F.O.Bean

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Washington, PA
No MVP v1 and v2 are both built in batteries. VTRs takes 18650 IMR batteries! I just got a vtr last week and OMG, I LOVE it. They're expensive, but if you want something that will last then it's worth the money IMO! It's very heavy but it's still shorter than the MVP and fits in my phone holster perfectly! It hits great and the juices taste great so it was def worth it for me! I bought a chrome one! but it like it so much! I'm going to buy one in jungle camo green! Itaste is a great way to go. I also love my itaste SVD. You might want to give that a try because they're around $40-$50 and is the same quality of the vtr

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
So the vtr will take a charge via its usb or thru 18650 and is smaller than the itaste are the main differences ?

Maybe button placement and size and shape might be different too like you guys mentioned but other than that they pretty similar.

Hmmmm ... Sounds like i an i taste buyer unless there is a better warranty or much bigger difference.

They both tank tanks correct ?

Ok great, i look forward to getting one. I looove my bottom juice feeders but its time for a vhsnge to add to my now small collection (throughout probably 15 crappy kits from back in the day that either broke or just sucked)

I saw a place in usa with a great sale on them. But they sold out. I guess maybe fasstech i should try.... Trying for best ddal too. Ive spent plenty on full blown inflated prices. Time for a good deal :). I shouldnt pay more than 45 right?

Thx everyone

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
I ended up just buying the mvp 2 this morning - csnt go wring 2,600 man built in battery and if carrying another device with and need it can use the output side to charge electronics, has variable wattage, which is what i was looking for, and it has a resistance reader which will be really cool cause i do rebuiladable atty on my reo and needed something to test the resistance of my coils - seems like a no brainer for the price

I opted for 1 clear30 instead of 2 iclear 16s - not sure that is good choice or not. But its dine.

Now i guess i just need to find a good tank. I know nothing about them. I guess some have replacement heads ?

The two ones i see come up alot is the viva nova and kanger 2 or 3. I guess i have to do some research on the tank side of things. I know nothing w respect to those. One poster mentioned one tank to look at- thank you i will check that one out too.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
My $0.02....

The MVP is cheaper, comes with everything you need, lasts a long time, and has no restrictions on which topper you use. Of course, the VTR with the extension tube allows any topper as well, but changes the form factor to more like an MVP. Most importantly, the MVP does not require the additional purchase of batteries and an external charger for them.

OTOH, switching out batteries on the VTR is one of the best designs I have ever seen.

Having written that, I have both, and wouldn't be without either one.

YMMV

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I have the VTR for about two weeks now i realy like it, yea it is like walking around with a brick but i work in a warehouse and with the tank being inside of the thing i dont have to worry about breaking it

That's exactly why I bought one. This thing is a tank! 3 ounces shy of 1 full pound. If it gets bumped, dropped, thrown, or other things that would destroy an APV, I feel confident it will survive the trauma. It helps protect the tank from mishaps too by holding it beside the controls and with the little ring, it additionally helps protect against thread damage from a drop. I don't leave my house much, but when I do it's usually on a motorcycle. I have dropped lots of things while riding, and I'm confident if this hits the highway at 70 mph, I can just stop, walk back, pick it up, dust it off, hug it for staying alive, and take a drag or two on the walk back to the bike.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
How come 2 different posters said the mvp is just a battery.

From my brief study of the 2 the mvp i taste is clearly a pv. It has built in battery and a 510 connection for tanks. Thats a pv not just a battery.

That is correct: the MVP is not just a battery.

But the MVP is a battery.

It will eventually die like any other battery, and you will have to replace it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I ended up just buying the mvp 2 this morning - csnt go wring 2,600 man built in battery and if carrying another device with and need it can use the output side to charge electronics, has variable wattage, which is what i was looking for, and it has a resistance reader which will be really cool cause i do rebuiladable atty on my reo and needed something to test the resistance of my coils - seems like a no brainer for the price

I opted for 1 clear30 instead of 2 iclear 16s - not sure that is good choice or not. But its dine.

Now i guess i just need to find a good tank. I know nothing about them. I guess some have replacement heads ?

The two ones i see come up alot is the viva nova and kanger 2 or 3. I guess i have to do some research on the tank side of things. I know nothing w respect to those. One poster mentioned one tank to look at- thank you i will check that one out too.

For a tank, get the miniprotank2; if you can get both protank2s and miniprotank2s, you can use the base from the miniprotank on the protank. The miniprotank base uses the bigger threading on the standard eGo battery, instead of everything trying to squeeze into the small 510 threading on the inside.

tragictaste

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2013
Houston, Tx,
Another note is that the MVP cuts off at 3.5a to the battery, so its not an ideal pv for most drippers. The VTR can go up to 15 watts which is 4 more than the MVP, so it can sub ohm if you ever feel the need to go that direction. Both are well protected with chips, allowing them to be safer devices than others. The VTR has a 19.5mm ring around the 510 connection so this greatly limits your tank selection, unless you use the adapter, but then it would be as tall as the MVP. I have both, and I use both.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013

MVP2 is a good buy; lots of users attest to it. Good compromise between price, function, and durability.

Maggiemw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Middle East
I have both, I love both and use them both.

Actually, I now have 3 MVP2s and have them in constant rotation. They are excellent batteries, versatile and compact. Great stuff.

The VTR is beautiful, well made, uses 18650s economically and safely, and works well with a variety of tanks, with and without the extension. Beautifully engineered. Mine stays at home while my MVPs go out, but that is just me. My MVP frequently ends up charging my cellphone when I realize I've forgotten and I need to make a call. I also use my MVPs with my Kayfuns because the combined weight with the VTR would be a bit too much.

You will be very happy with your MVP2, though. It is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread