The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why does Skoal not make a non-mint snus?

Discussion in 'Smokeless tobacco' started by sqirl1, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sqirl1

sqirl1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    So I know most people here don't like American snus, but considering I don't go through that much snus, ordering online isn't worth it for me, mint burns my cheeks, and I cannot STAND bergemont, so General is out, which leaves me with Camel Robust/Mellow which taste great IMO but don't have much of a kick, Marlboro red snus, which again tastes okay but is even weaker. I like the nic hit from Skoal snus but the mint BURNS so much. I know I'd like it if Skoal made a "straight" flavor of their snus, but they don't! Why not? I really doubt the FDA would hesitate to approve an unflavored tobacco product made by a big firm and I'm sure it would sell, like who could argue with something that tastes like american dip AND has no spitting?

2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I don't know why. What you could do is order some snus online and keep it in the freezer in a sealed container until you need it. Since shipping is so high it makes sense to order enough for a year or two. If you like straight tobacco flavor then you might try some skruf es. It's plain tobacco and es(extra strong)

3. sqirl1

sqirl1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks for the tip! I'm thinking about using one of those direct import sites like snus24 so I can try a bunch of different things, is that Al Capone snus any good? I really like their cigars.

4. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I haven't tried the Al Capone. When I first started using snus, I tried a bunch of different ones but now mostly use thunder raspberry and general mint. For plain tobacco I used to like the skruf I mentioned and I also liked the Lab 01, 02, and 05. Some people like ettan but I never could get a taste for it. Grovsnus wasn't bad either.

5. The Rebel

The Rebel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I missed this post, but if you're still watching it @sqirl1 then check out Northerner.com. They carry Thunder original and Offroad original. Both good straight tobacco flavors without the bergemont that General has. Plus if you like green apples, you should try the Jacobbson's Flader. Plus Northerner ships from the US and is much cheaper than shipping from overseas. Get 15% off your first order if you sign up for their news bs.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.