Anyone try Skoal pouches before ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
My parents went on Vacation to Palm springs, I did a search for General snus products in the area and located a few shops . I asked them to pick me up some if it was available since my only way to get snus in Canada is mail order and the duties and taxes are crazy
so they only got me one can of General winter green and 2 cans of Skoal pouches because the ill informed tobacco shop employee told my father that it was snus also . and it was $3 per can although the skoal is a super small size can.

So I know this is nothing like Snus other than it is a pouch of tobacco , but I'm pretty sure I'll have to spit like a redneck and it just isn't my kind of thing but oh well they are tiny 9 pouch cans . I have one can of mint and one of the wintergreen and

Skruf

Jul 26, 2010
San Francisco
The pouches are not nearly as nice as a pinch of the longcut. If you keep your pinch small, it's pretty easy to keep it in place without much of a mess. Skoal has a much higher nicotine content than smoking, so if you are just trying to replace the nicotine equivalent of a cigarette, a pretty small pinch will minimize spitting and give you all you need. Skoal Mint Longcut is one of the most popular and it sure is tasty. A small pinch can be very discrete. If you are a wild man, then a large pinch will get r done.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I would guess that they probably have more nic content than the camel and if they aren't sickening sweet then that's probably a plus too. Camel frost was the first snus I ever tried and thought it wasn't too bad then. Just for grins I bought a can a couple weeks ago and I don't know if they changed it or not but it seemed so sweet that I couldn't stand it.

MuddyWaterMan

ECF Veteran
    Feb 11, 2010
    Texas
    O.K since I am a redneck that USED to spit like one (no more thanks to my P.Vs) I can tell you that you do NOT have to spit with pouches. You may get a little queasy at first but you should adapt quick. Also there is a certain amount of pride in being a redneck. The term itself is derived from hard long days of manual labor in the field and a high work ethic. You may be one and not even know it :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread