General Nordic Mint review

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So about a month ago I ordered some snus from northerner in the mail, and one of the things I ordered was General Nordic Mint. Well, to my dismay, that was out of stock! but then recently it came back in stock, and they sent me the missing product for free and I just got it today, so I thought I'd post a quick review.

Flavor: Right off the bat when you open the can it smells strongly like lifesavers, so you know you're getting a good mint snus. The taste is basically like a mix of skoal smooth mint and general mint, it's basically swedish snus with an American spin. If you like Skoal's snus you should try this for sure, but it will definitely please fans of General Mint as well. Basically any mint fan should give this a shot! 5/5

Pouch size/shape: Basically it's a little bigger than General Original portions but a little more round, it's not quite as big as Skoal snus, but you get a good amount of tobacco in each portion. In my opinion the pouch is also more comfortable than general original portion. I think they really perfected this one. 5/5

Nicotine hit: Good nicotine. it's about the same as any white portion swedish snus. 4/5

Other: The only MAJOR problem with this snus is for some ungodly reason they give you 15 portions instead of 24. Marlboro and Camel set this standard for American snus and for some reason I guess Swedish Match felt that they should give you less to make it seem more american. makes perfect sense right? 2/5 for bad logic.

Overall: I'm just going to average up all my ratings and say this snus is a 4/5. The low amount of portions they give you sucks, but the quality and taste more than make up for it. You should at least throw a can or 2 in your cart next time you order online.

SimplySnus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2011
Upstate New York
www.SnusForum.net
Thanks for leaving the snus review, personally I am not a big fan of mint snus so I have yet to try it. However, I am not interested in trying it and will most likely grab a can or two when I place my next order.

Also , within the snus forum I run there is a section for member reviews if you are interested in posting it there.

Cheers!​

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I would definitely agree about the can. I have a can of the classic that I got before. Don't like the can at all. I figured when local stores started carrying general that all they would have is the classic and nordic. They don't have either. It's regular swedish cans and snus.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Totally agree Simply, the attempt to Americanize the Swedish product is strange. Why attempt to take a great product and turn it into a below standard product. I guess they feel it will expand their US market, but I don't get it.

not substandard at all, its basically general mint only with more mint flavor added and its a little sweeter, still the quality of the tobacco

SimplySnus

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2011
    Upstate New York
    www.SnusForum.net
    I found some of this at a local smoke shop, of course I bought all they had. I was a little disappointed at first, the portions are more like white dry portions, mine weren't very moist. I like the mint better than the original , I got a little more of a nic hit with the mint.

I will write up a full review on my forum, and will get a copy up here as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread