Why does this happen to all my atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
So every time I get a brand new atomizer it performs oustanding and on the 2nd or 3rd day it drops off in vapor production immediately and never returns to how it was before. I have tried the following techniques to bring my atomizers back to like. Soaking them in water, running them under water, boiling them and soaking them in diet pepsi. But no matter what it drops off framatically and it never returns until a couple of weeks when I replace it. Is there anything I can do to restore the vapor to how it was when I first started using it.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
Is this with any type of juice? And any type of atty? On any type of PV? If it is, it might be something that you are doing. Perhaps over using a single atty? Lettin' it get too hot, too often? Or maybe vapin' the atty dry and not keepin' it wet enough? Hard to say without some more specifics about your gear and use.

I generally have at least 9 PV units that I rotate my use through daily. Keeps the wear and tear (per atty) down. Gear seems to last longer.

Last edited:

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Face it. The people we fall in love with, in the end, let us down as well. Its just the way life is.

Don't look now, but your golden retreiver is moving your life savings from your bank account to his in the Cayman Islands.

When I baby them, my atomizers last me at most two weeks. When I call them names and spit at them, they last fourteen days.

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
With attys, I guess it's more like a crap shoot.

I've had an atty start putting out some strong chemical taste within 2 days of use. I didn't overuse it, run it too hot or let it get dry. It just started putting out vapor that tasted like burnt plastic all of a sudden.

On the other hand, I've been using another 510 atty since the day it arrived....more than 4 weeks ago. I've never soaked it or performed any dry burn. I just clean it out everyday by blowing any excess juice out, setting it aside and then priming it before vaping the next day. I haven't noticed any drop off in performance :)

I first used this atty on a regular 510 kit and am now using it on my Reo mod....it produces so much vapor now....to the point where I am blinded for a second or two with each long draw!!!

Chingas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2010
Billings, MT
I had an atty get a sudden plastic taste once as well. After inspection i realized that I had the plastic 901 whistle tip misaligned and a small bit off the flattened side had melted. Gave it the wash I like to do to my attys and it came out good as new.

Started using stock attys over 2 months ago and LR's almost 1 month ago. Haven't had 1 die yet.

thejizzler

Apr 17, 2010
uk
Face it. The people we fall in love with, in the end, let us down as well. Its just the way life is.

Don't look now, but your golden retreiver is moving your life savings from your bank account to his in the Cayman Islands.

When I baby them, my atomizers last me at most two weeks. When I call them names and spit at them, they last fourteen days.

spaceman or is it me ?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

This is Exactly why I never owned a Golden Retreiver !!!

Hey son et lumiere, Have you ever thought about giving Cartomizers a try?

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
my 510 atties last months and months at a time...

about every other week or so the vapor drops off a bit because I vape mainly tobacco and or dark colored juice (so the atty gunks up faster)...

to remedy that I blow out the atty, put the atty on a true 3.7V device and do a complete dry burn and it's back to tip top shape...

look up the user highping and his atty resurection method...I just follow an althered version of that..

frosty024

Apr 22, 2010
Chicago
I have had the same two atty's since I started vaping more than 2 months ago... I have not blown them out or otherwise cleaned them except for soaking them in Polident, rinsing and letting dry. When I dry them, I let them completely dry out. I then prime them up with e-juice, it tastes bad for a few puffs, then is perfectly fine.. I have done this once per atty so far...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
A full Carto, 25 drops, for me can go ALL day. But the key is to not vape them dry. So I use 2 cartos a day only vaping each half way down.

Cartos are just like pre-filled carts. If you buy the obsolute cheapest cartos you can find, you probably will not be happy with them.

Last edited:

USAGeorge

Jul 28, 2010
Stroudsburg,Pa
Originally Posted by KonaNeil View Post

Maui Wowie, I presume?
Maui Wowie is for revivalist, I believe his point is that when they're no longer satisfying
its time for a new atty/carto. I'v tried everything but sacrificing a live chicken under a full moon to sate the atty gods. On the whole two weeks is probably about average for
daily/sole use. The bottom line is whatever the life is,when the pleasure stops exceeding
the pain its time to toss it.

Last edited:

KDK

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
Fresno Ca. USA
I've been vaping on 801 attys only since April of this year and for a couple of months before that part time while switching over from analogs. I have only had one atty die in that whole time. I don't do anything as far as maintenence goes, unless I see a drop off in performance. If it does have a problem, I blow it out, rinse in hot water, soak in 151 grain alcohol, rinse in hot water, and let dry. This has been going on for the time I stated, and I keep 2 attys in rotation. I don't know if it's method or luck, but it's been working for me! After all the stuff I've read about the problems others have had with attys, I feel really fortunate, and I hope I don't get bad luck from writing about it. May you all have amazing vapor and long lasting attys!

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Attys will get clogged up, water does not always clean them well enough. I use lead deposit remover, intended for firearms when mine get that bad - then boil and wash thourough;y before using since that solvent is toxic. Unless you are comfortable with such chemicals, don't do it but, it might solve the problem. If you do use an industrial strenght type solvent, boil and wash twice or three times and dry before using- you DO NOT want to inhale one iota of those sort of chemicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread