why doesn't anyone make a cool pcc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR

Nice link!

The only ones I've seen that really looked like a pack of smokes were with super-minis. Revolver usually carries a nearly smoke-pack sized PCC for their gemini that would work with any standard 510, but they were getting it redesigned and have been out of stock for ages. That's the first one I've seen like that for a KR808

FantWriter

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
Kentucky
I designed one (CAD is one of my hobbies) that's 10mm thick, 120mm tall, and 70mm wide. To put this in perspective, a pack of 100mm analogs is 23mmx104mmx56mm.

Main features:
1) A hole in the top so I can take a hit, push the PV into the hole to store it, and then push a stud to make it pop up enough to let me pull it out for my next hit.
2) Holds four fresh carts and has room for four used carts in pistol-cartridge-like clips (on one side, under flip lids)
3) Can recharge one battery while other is being used.

Downside:
1) Can only recharge a battery once (to recharge more would require larger batteries, increasing PCC size).
2) A quick-and-dirty estimate from my favorite machine shop: $4200 for a prototype, and perhaps $300-350 each in quantities of 1000.

So, to answer why no one makes a cool PCC:
Everyone has a different idea of what they want/need, so each design will have high costs and low customer base.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I want a bloog. Just don't want to pay the high price tag :p

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Just pick up the cartomizers. They are priced competitively and are excellent. No juice in the mouth, smooth vapor and flavor, no cotton taste, and are easy to refill. The batteries are a little better than most (a little more power and the auto switch works very well), but you can get by with others if you don't want an auto battery.

Does anyone know if the nebula box will work with the 78mm Bloog batteries?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
When I bought my PCC, I went for mAh verses size.

9800mah.jpg

This bad boy has 9,800mAh. It will charge an 900mAh eGo battery about 10 times before recharging. Also charges my cell phone.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Zoidman: nice, 808 stuff should really have something like that..

The thing I liked most about it is that the output is thru a regular 5v USB port. So just about anything that can be charged with a USB port can be charged with this "External Battery".

It can also charge a Notebook but I don't own one right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread