Why doesn't dripping work for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pure_Khaos

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Corona, CA
Quite depressing... I was using the ptb folded plug mod and it worked alright, but due to my lack of skill they dripped a lot. I tried zfm, and tons of others and I couldn't get any to work, and am done wasting the juice and dealing with carts, but I can't seem to drip right either. I'm using the tornado 510 and currently have blue balls and atmoic ciannide 24mg (going up to 36) with 20% vg. When I drip flavor is alright, decent vapor, and next to no throat hit. With carts it's much better, but it's a mess and results in flooding and the such. How do I drip properly? So far I drain my attys every night, drip 3 and let them sit for 5 or 10 minutes into the morning, then I drip 2 drops whenever the flavor dies, which seems like 2-3 drags, aiming for the bridge. What am I forgetting?

ScatRD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Austin
Just a thought but if it's all happening on the same atomizer you might have charred the wick from overvaping.

If your hitting it 2 or 3 times in a row you aren't giving the wick time to refresh it's moisture level before vaping again. I use cartos almost exclusively when I'm out and about and have found that a 30 second "cooldown" is best before I hit it again. This gives the wick time to soak up juice to keep the coil from overheating and burning the wick and or packing.

When I'm dripping at home I dip, wait 5 seconds then vape. Let it cool off for 30 seconds then vape again. As soon as the vapor/taste starts to lessen I drip again.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That's a confusing procedure. You drain, drip, then let them sit without vaping?
Draining the atomizer overnight is not a bad idea.
It helps prevent juice from getting dried up in the mesh around the coil.

It may or may not be necessary, but it can't hurt, and many people do it.

But after completely draining an atomizer, many people drip a few drops and give it some time to work it's way down to the mesh that surrounds the atomizer coil pot.

But yeah, 5 to 10 minutes is much longer than needed.
I usually wait at least 30 seconds though.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So far I drain my attys every night, drip 3 and let them sit for 5 or 10 minutes into the morning, then I drip 2 drops whenever the flavor dies, which seems like 2-3 drags, aiming for the bridge. What am I forgetting?
The only thing I can think of is that you don't have enough juice in there.

A completely drained atomizer will take more juice than one that has just lost flavor and needs topping up. You should put at least 4 drops after draining, let it sit for maybe a minute, then start putting in your normal 2-3 drops from that point forward.

I really hope that helps, because I can't think of anything else.
:)

roadrash

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2010
Hillsboro NH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread