• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Why I love to DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I tried DIY, managed to come up with a mix that tasted exactly like blueberry muffins...but couldn't duplicate it to save my life!

I'm the same way when I cook though, too....a little of this, a little of that, a taste here, a bit more of that there, sample, sample sample 'till it's just right.

I'm in a Dekang/cola mode right now, so I'm vaping pre-mixed...

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I've only been vaping for 2 1/2 months now, so I'm still in the aquisition phase... ok so it's not a 'phase' lol. But I'm going to hold off any more big spending till I get some moola to spend! DIY definately does interest me though. recipe books make me itch to 'fix' the recipes just a lil better. just until they sing in the mouth and people's eyes roll back in their heads in extasy. heh heh... yeah, I could get into mixing.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I typically mix @ 20% flavor to start with and I only make a 3ml batch. If its too strong or too weak and the juice is completely unvapable, I will pour it into a 5ml bottle and adjust the mix up or down in flavor strength by adding flavor or pg/vg. And almost all flavorings are different in how you get to a good strength, not to mention that "a good strength" for the flavor is always relative to the person. My Peppermint is perfect for me, but others may not appreciate it because it is a bit like vaping a few Altoids. :D

Nyxie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Port Richey, Fl.
I guess I would like stronger flavors, I actually vaped some Tabasco juice from Bubo at the Tampa meet LOL. Now that was some throat hit! I guess that is why I am interested in DIY even if it is just adding more flavor to pre mixed for now.
My two favorite vendors are Ms.T and Tasty vapors. It seems like Ms T always has one very pronounced flavor. Tasty Vapor tastes good but it seems I could use stronger flavor or something.
For instance bananas foster. Ms.T adds coffee to hers and Tasty Vapor doesn't. I like Ms. T's better but sometimes it takes me a while to get her orders if she is busy. I usually wait too long to order from her and then I am SOL not to mention her stuff isn't that cheap either. I also like larger bottles so I know I won't run out but her biggest bottle is 15ml. I usually order 48mg of Tasty vapor with a doubler so I can share no nic with my hubby and have plenty to spare.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
I like to DIY but I am more methodical in my approach.
I determine all the formulas for my base models first -
nic juice - 12mg 50/50
sassafras - 5 parts nic & 1 part flavor, appx 17% flavor
vanilla - 11 parts nic & 1 part flavor, appx 8% flavor
caramel - 5 parts nic & 1 part flavor
combine 6 parts sassafras / 3 parts vanilla / 3 parts caramel
You get a Root Beer Float with a little spicy/herbal kick.:D
I also like to play around with adding flavors to pre-made juice that don't quite cut it.

FyreDragon

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
MM Everyone!

MoonRose and I are loving making our own DIY juice. It's nice being able to customize flavors and nic content on a whim. Looks like we'll be doing it for a while too! (Waiting on the UPS guy now to bring me my gallon jugs of PG and VG. lol) Since we also have been making juice for some friends here locally, and I'm a little bit, ummm, perturbed about the idea that the government wants to take my precious PV's away, I guess I stocked up a little heavy. hehehe

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
Since we also have been making juice for some friends here locally, and I'm a little bit, ummm, perturbed about the idea that the government wants to take my precious PV's away, I guess I stocked up a little heavy. hehehe

LOL ... and he's talking about ordering more just to make sure we have enough base ingredients on hand to keep us in juice for a couple of years. :blink::vapor:

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Hmmm .. now that we have a couple of recently deceased atty's here, I'm thinking of doing autopsies on them to find out just exactly how they are made. Never know, I just might find a new hobby making atty's. :D

If you look on the Modders forum there are several post in regards to making an atty from scratch. I tried to follow a couple of them but it was beyond me. There was even one thread where a guy made a carto out of a pill fob. The thing was huge!

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
If you look on the Modders forum there are several post in regards to making an atty from scratch. I tried to follow a couple of them but it was beyond me. There was even one thread where a guy made a carto out of a pill fob. The thing was huge!

Yup, found the site and posts. Looks interesting and fairly simple once one has the necessary equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread