Why is dripping stronger than other techniques?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I'm sure someone will have the correct answer for you but I have always felt it was because the juice was fresher. I think the gunk off the coils sort of add a flavor to the juice in a tank. With dripping.... always pretty new. Even better if you are using a reo grand because with squonking the juice is absolutely the freshest. Just my 3¢ (inflation). I look forward to reading what others say so we can both learn something. Good luck to you and happy dripping.:)

I think its because you are dripping directly on to a coil, which means you don't have anything getting in the way like the space between the coil up to the drip tip. Also because (especially for a sub ohm build) its hotter and the nicotine evaporates at a higher heat giving you more nicotine with each hit. Would really like to hear everyone else on what their opinion is!

What is it about building your own coils and dripping that makes the flavor, nic intake and throat hit so strong compared to say an atomizer tank or cartomizer?

Is it because we are getting more surface area with a longer coil? Is it the proximity to the drip tip?

This thread is very misplaced. This is not a tip or a trick:glare: just sayn

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
I'm sure someone will have the correct answer for you but I have always felt it was because the juice was fresher. I think the gunk off the coils sort of add a flavor to the juice in a tank. With dripping.... always pretty new. Even better if you are using a reo grand because with squonking the juice is absolutely the freshest. Just my 3¢ (inflation). I look forward to reading what others say so we can both learn something. Good luck to you and happy dripping.:)

dripping is fresher

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
Everyone has their own opinions.......

Absolutely, and I value yours. I'm also resisting the temptation to get a Reo because I am compulsive about things and although I can afford to buy one, I know for a fact I won't be able to stop at one. That and I've just found vaping bliss with my new Magma. Do they make a bottom feeding topper for the Reo that has similar air flow as the Magma? If they do make one, show some mercy and lie and say no. :D

I just know that I dripped for a long time in a igo-L and a Vision Eternity and when I started using the reo, the flavor of the same juice improved. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :sneaky:

I have a vision eternity that I got because, well...it was shiny and you know how that goes. The flavor is definitely muted on it compared to dripping or even my Aspire BDCs but I can't complain about it because I haven't devoted enough attention to it to see if I can get it running better.

On the igo-L, did you build the same coil and wick it the same as the topper on your Reo?

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Vermiform I agree with you on the Eternity but it was easier when driving to have 35 drops instead of 10. I haven't used either in months and even given away a igo-L because I am spoiled to the reo now. I have a years worth of backups in my cabinet. I will have to do a bit of research on the Magma questions. But I have people. :sneaky: You shouldn't fight the urge for a reo. If for no other reason than because the reo people are so special. I've never seen a better more loving and caring group. I only have 2 so far. A grand and a mini. I would like to get a woodvil just because they are gorgeous. But I know someone who has 50 and I can understand the obsession.

On the igo-L I mainly shoot for 1.8 because I liked it that way and used it on a Sigelei Legend. But on the reo I try to get around 1.3 and I am using the rm2 which BTW is a wonderful atomizer and very easy to build. Rob has added several new ones on his website but I haven't tried them yet. 1.3 is a nice place for me on both the grand and mini. I have never used a vv reo or am I into sub-ohming yet. I am just very happy where I am and could stay this way for a long time. They are just so simplistically dependable. And Rob, the maker is a sweetheart. I guess you can tell I love reo's?

I'll find out about your question on the magma. I like learning things too. :D I don't know everything yet but if you have any questions I can't answer......I know where to go. :D

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Vermiform I agree with you on the Eternity but it was easier when driving to have 35 drops instead of 10. I haven't used either in months and even given away a igo-L because I am spoiled to the reo now.
wow 35drops... even 10 drops is a lot IMO i only drip around 3-6drops at most, even in the W6 sporting a quad coil i can get away with 3 drops and get 3 big mouthfull's of flavourfull vapour that makes me dizzy @ 9mg :D no wonder you prefer squonking, all i have to say is 'User Error!'

just cus you copied a few kids that have posted pics of their(sp) drippers packed out with one whole cotton ball and 2ml of juice doesnt mean anything :lol:

squonking has the potential for contaminating the juice in the squonk bottle, dripping doesnt, to what degree, i dont know & unsure if its really worth worrying over but yes dripping is fresher. Just saying :)

i'd still be using a squonker now but i was waiting on a dibi which was estimated 4months that turnt into 7months, i pulled out as my turn came up cus i bought some drippers to convert into bottomfeeders & as i didnt have a LP grand i used them dripstyle ontop a 510-510 while waiting, & wether it be due to just a fact of atty size or not but even with the extra .50vd of the 510 adapter the vape was immense in comparison, so in a way it was a blessing in disguise as i have saved myself a shed load of money and worry incase anything went wrong with or happened to it :unsure: i've now experienced both and will never go back to squonking, even when i drive i've noticed the vape to me is so much more satisfying that i dont need to constantly vape like i did anyway. just saying :2c::D

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
dripping is fresher

Can't be much fresher than vaping from a tank system.

if your talking genisis/kayfun & ce4 style as the tanks systems!? they are all probably the same, i never had the flavour of juice in a ce4 diminish, ive never used a gen or kay but i hear and see people saying good stuff so cant knock it.
with the above systems the juice stays in the wicking till its vaped, it doesnt return from where it once was, sooo.....? :)

TomGeorge

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Buffalo/Rochester
More surface area, hotter coil (sub ohm and a mech or regular ohm on a regulated), the coil heats up faster, and more airflow.

So you were all right!

It also gives you more options on how to get it set up the way you like it, while if you are using premade coils you are suck with one build for the most part. I have not used a kayfun style tank so idk how it compares to everything else

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
SLIPPY_EEL

I would have to do more research before I was convinced but probably won't take the time because I was not concerned over cigarettes for 40 some years so squonking does not have me worried in the least. Just fully satiated. :sneaky:

GJ wd on your 40yrs, i did 25yrs :)

Your right, so long as your getting your hit & your happy is all that matters in the end... even if your juice is muted :lol: .. no im joking, sorry ..

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
GJ wd on your 40yrs, i did 25yrs :)

Your right, so long as your getting your hit & your happy is all that matters in the end... even if your juice is muted :lol: .. no im joking, sorry ..

Congrats to you too. Isn't it awesome? I make all of my own juice for me and a couple of friends. I've bought juice twice in the last 8 months (I couldn't turn down a 80% off sale). So even "muted", I can make my taste buds tango. :D The very best part of vaping for me has been the wonderful friends I have found so you are right........happy is all that matters.
LaieA_062.gif

Vermiform

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Louisiana
If you get a reo, the one to get is the lp, it's low profile, meaning decked, so you can fit any atty you want on it, you can modify any atty you want to be bottom fed and work with the reo, or any feeder for that matter. I've seen a reo with a magma on it is a matter of fact.

Nice! On the lp, where does the squank tube need to enter the RDA? Dead center or offset from the center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread