Why is the 510 so popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srcowell

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Kansas City, KS
Honestly. I can't tell the difference. The 510 cartos seems to have just as much throat hit at the 808 cartos do. In fact I prefer the 510 cartos. For some reason they just seem to draw easier and hit just as well. I also noticed the that 510 atomizers seems to hit pretty well (at least in the beginning) so I was shocked since everyone says its not as tough as the 808.

My girlfriend loves the draw and vapor of her 510. But she hates the manual batteries. She can't seem to get over that. She would much prefer an automatic, but we've both heard autos for 510's are garbage.

It's too bad you've heard so many bad things about the perfectly fine 510 automatic batteries. Like your girlfriend, I hate the manual batteries. I use nothing but the automatic ones, and I have one manual, the first one I bought. Nothing but automatics after that first one. I guess there are some non-Joye 510 batteries that are activated by sound. I've NEVER had that happen with my Joye brand 510 automatic batteries. It's activated by suction only.

If she would like the sleek look of a 510 with automatic 510 (non-ego) battery for her regular PV, I highly recommend sticking with only the Joye brand for everything. The cheap imitations are what you keep hearing bad things about. That and perhaps old outdated posts or people using older products.

For the price of a carton of cigarettes, she can get three Joye 510 automatic batteries and 4 packs of cartomizers. If you already have the chargers, she'd be set!

EDIT: You can buy the automatic Joye 510 batteries, and all authentic Joye products, from cignot.com.

Last edited:

RETUSN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Bremerton, WA
I like the kr808 just fine as well, but also recently got a 510 for dripping and generally just to test it out (I actually went overboard on my order...meh). Honestly my 510 is a nice around the house unit..it looks great I went with the Inferno Red...but if I am just going to the store I have just been grabbing the kr808 and putting it in my pocket. It lasts fine for short trips and the like and literally needs nothing besides a battery and 1 cart to go for a couple of hours of running around. No leaking, no strange sound activated batteries that go off in your car for no reason.... the kr808 draws a little warmer and a little harder than the 510.

Wow great minds must think alot. This is exactly what I was gonna say down to my Red Inferno that i have sitting at the house with a drip tip in it. I take my 808 everywhere outside of the house with me. It is so convienant that I actually just ordered a 510-901 adapter so I can use my 808 carto's with my Inferno. Don't think I'll travel with the Inferno though it's too big to be walking down the street vaping on for me :)

Last edited:

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
What u get the bst hit on, is comepletely up to personal preference.. because what is a good TH?? Its different things to different people.
Haven't tried auto 510 but soon will.. All i know about the kr8 autos I have, is that they seem to need a rest once in a while.. maybe 10 or 12 good drags, before putting it down. That annoys me.. but its cool to use them once in a while... really get that ciggie feel..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread