Why more flavor with a cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
I do DIY liquid with different flavors, my question is. Why I taste flavor with cartomizers only and I can't taste it with every thing lease what every it is ego tank, clearomizer and viva nova.

cartomizers are is not practical for me since I'm vaping very heavily and I like to use large tank system, shall I buy rebuildable atomizer which may be will let me feel juice taste.

Any advice will be appreciated.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Buy a drip atomizer for testing. It only takes a couple of drops to fill and you can wash it out between flavors. The 306 is a tried and true drip atomizer used by many vendors who mix juices. They like it because it delivers true flavor and is easily recycled for the next juice.

I get about the same flavor and vapor from a cartomizer, Vivi Nova tank or even a cartomizer tank.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Buy a drip atomizer for testing. It only takes a couple of drops to fill and you can wash it out between flavors. The 306 is a tried and true drip atomizer used by many vendors who mix juices. They like it because it delivers true flavor and is easily recycled for the next juice.

I get about the same flavor and vapor from a cartomizer, Vivi Nova tank or even a cartomizer tank.

Thanks for your replay. I have 2 atomizer but it seems not good brand because what every it put inside it gave me burnet taste even with vaporus juice which I order it from Canada.

I think I have something wrong with my DIY juice but I don't know what is wrong and why I feel very nice and enjoyable taste with cartomizer and I feel nothing with the rest.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
They are suggeting you get a cartomizer/tank set up.

Since you said you get more flavor with a cartomizer, you can purchase a setup where a cartomizer with holes punched into the cartomizer fit inside of a tank that feeds juice into the cartomizer. That way the cartomizer itself doesn't have to be filled so frequently as they hold anywhere from 3 ml to 6 ml of liquid.

There are several different types available and prices and materials vary greatly.

You do not have to use dual coil cartomizers, you can use low resistance or standard resistance as well.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Please... Is this what is named DCT tank or this is something else.

Nope, DCT is Dual Coil Tank by a company called Smoktech.

The company I linked you to make tanks you can use with regular cartomizers(you need to punch holes in them) or cartomizers with pre-drilled holes.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
They are suggeting you get a cartomizer/tank set up.

Since you said you get more flavor with a cartomizer, you can purchase a setup where a cartomizer with holes punched into the cartomizer fit inside of a tank that feeds juice into the cartomizer. That way the cartomizer itself doesn't have to be filled so frequently as they hold anywhere from 3 ml to 6 ml of liquid.

There are several different types available and prices and materials vary greatly.

You do not have to use dual coil cartomizers, you can use low resistance or standard resistance as well.

Thanks for your explanation but please can you advice me for a good brand with moderate moderate price.

Do you recommend single coil because dual coil is more expensive or single coil give better taste?

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
Nope, DCT is Dual Coil Tank by a company called Smoktech.

The company I linked you to make tanks you can use with regular cartomizers(you need to punch holes in them) or cartomizers with pre-drilled holes.

Thanks, I believe it is a good idea if it will work since I will be able to use the stock I have without headache of refilling

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Thanks for your explanation but please can you advice me for a good brand with moderate moderate price.

Do you recommend single coil because dual coil is more expensive or single coil give better taste?

I personally can't recommend suppliers, but I'm sure other members here can help you with that.

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
You might also try a bottom coil tank like the Kanger T3 or EVOD. If you haven't already tried them you might give it a go. I think they are superior to the Vivi Nova and other top coil tanks. Good flavor and great vapor.

Thanks for you post, I read about T3 but honestly, I can't understand the difference between top and bottom coil. For me they looks like clearomizers with bottom coil and I faced too many problem with all kind and size of clearomizer .

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Do have good experience with kanger T3

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
DCT tank: Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - DCT - Carto Tank

Cartomizers for it. Notice they have single coil available in both 2.0 ohm and 3.0 ohm: Electronic Cigarette - Cartomizers - DCT - Carto Tank

I don't know of any other vendors ( though some out there have to exist ) that supply pre-punched single coils for the DCT tank. I think that would be easiest to start out with, but there is the option of buying your own and punching them yourself with a tool such as this one: Tank Cartomizer/Atomizer Puncher

In which case, you would need 45mm cartos for a DCT tank. There are other tank brands and sizes, though. I don't have any problems using single coil cartos in a DCT tank, but I don't use any flavors likely to crack the plastic. There is a list here of flavors likely to crack plastic: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...uices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-2.html

There might be a better list somewhere, but it's what I found quickly at the moment. If you use those types of flavors, then you should go with a tank from IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! The tanks are available in standard size (typical 35mm cartos) and XL size (45ml XL cartos such as those used with DCT tanks ). They sell a carto-punching tool as well.

Last edited:

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
I've had 0 luck w/ top-fed clearomizers. I love my Carto Tank. I got it from Valley Vapes. The carto that comes w/ it is very nice, so I'd recommend getting replacement cartos from there too.
I will contact them hopefully hey will accept paying by Visa card because in Egypt we don't have PayPal.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have found that cartomizers allow for more flavor than the ce-type delivery devices (string wick fed). Think about how they are made and work, and it's not surprising.

A string wick device like a clearomizer or vivi nova tank uses a couple of strings to bring e-liquid (flavor) to the heating coil. That is very little surface area.

The heating coil in a cartomizer is completely surrounded by batting which acts like a sponge for the e-liquid. Probably 10 times of the surface area compared to the strings in a clearo system. On top of that, if used in a tank, the cartomizer is continuously fed more e-liquid so that it never runs out of juice which can cause dry hits. A tank also prolongs the life of the cartomizer.

IBTanked makes pyrex glass cartotanks IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! . You can purchase a complete tank kit for $25 that included the glass tube, metal endcaps, the correct size cartomizer, a tank tool/drip tip combo, and extra o-rings for the caps.

To learn more about cartotanks, I've written a blog with about all the information that you'll need to know, including demo videos. All this information can be found by clicking on the link below my avatar, and then clicking on the title of the article you wish to read.

IBTanked on Twist.jpg IBTanked-on-Spinner.jpg IBTanked25mmsb.jpg IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-2.jpg IBTanked cartotanks

Hossam

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
cairo
I have found that cartomizers allow for more flavor than the ce-type delivery devices (string wick fed). Think about how they are made and work, and it's not surprising.

A string wick device like a clearomizer or vivi nova tank uses a couple of strings to bring e-liquid (flavor) to the heating coil. That is very little surface area.

The heating coil in a cartomizer is completely surrounded by batting which acts like a sponge for the e-liquid. Probably 10 times of the surface area compared to the strings in a clearo system. On top of that, if used in a tank, the cartomizer is continuously fed more e-liquid so that it never runs out of juice which can cause dry hits. A tank also prolongs the life of the cartomizer.

IBTanked makes pyrex glass cartotanks IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! . You can purchase a complete tank kit for $25 that included the glass tube, metal endcaps, the correct size cartomizer, a tank tool/drip tip combo, and extra o-rings for the caps.

To learn more about cartotanks, I've written a blog with about all the information that you'll need to know, including demo videos. All this information can be found by clicking on the link below my avatar, and then clicking on the title of the article you wish to read.

View attachment 182879 View attachment 182875 View attachment 182876 View attachment 182877 View attachment 182878 IBTanked cartotanks

Thanks very much for your detailed information, I found what you mentioned about surface area of caro compared with clearomizer is very logic. The good news that I found 2 Carto tanks came with ego V6 which I have never used. I watched your video, I fill it and now I'm enjoy vaping.

Taste is very nice and vapor production with 3.8V is very good. I don't know which brand or size I have because nothing written on it but with evic it reads 1.5 ohm. IMG_1812.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread