Why PG over VG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
only ever used pg juice tho up till now. curious. The lady at the feed store looked at me funny when my eyes got all big at the size of the jug tho. she asked what it was for and i said im gonna smoke all that.

Levi--you are not going to notice much of a difference other then you more then likley are not going to have a sore throat any more. As for the lady at the feed store--maybe she was in the backroom looking soking her 4000 chemical analog!!!! So who really gets the strange look--LOL

Hope that helps---Sun

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
actually while you are replying i have some vg also and a local store had a small selection of lorann flavors. I picked up cherry. if i just mix cherry and vg or cherry and pg do you recommend the 20% flavor 80% for that one? Need to find something to mix it in.

Levi--I sure do--thin the VG out with water a little first in a shot glass or what ever you have, and then do the 80/20 mix--should take 2 minutes to do--let us know how you make out.

Sun

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Just me but I always start with 10 drops of flavoring to 10ml base, no matter what flaver it is. It is easier to add more flavoring than to add more VP/PG on a flavor you might not like. But that is what the 1 drop to 1ml test are for to see if you like it first. Then mix the bigger batches.

I always use 20 drops (1ml) Vodka to all my VG/PG mixes and 40 drops (2ml) to straight 10ml VG mixes
Dan

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
what % alchohol would you say would thin the vg right? I don't have the right equipment to really give this a go tonight im eyeballing the mixing in a drinking glass =P I need to stop by the local chemist shop and pick up a bunch of droppers. that cherry is starting to stink up the room damn that stuff is potent =P

LOL--it is potent--just use enough alchohol so the VG is thin as water. That is the key------Sun

h8isgr8

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Hi all, new member here. Just wanted to share my experience with VG.........

I've been playing around with VG to see how it performs compared to PG. My preliminary conclusion..... it really sucks, for many reasons.

First off, as anyone knows who has used VG, it is way too thick. I find it needs to cut with >15% water to wick properly. It is also sickening sweet.

Another thing I noticed, the vapor condenses to a nasty residue. When I was experimenting and the vapor would rise and hit my glasses, it would condense on the lens leaving a hazy film.

I don't see any positive aspect of using this stuff unless you have PG sensitivity.

I have about 4 gallons of this crap. Anyone want any? Maybe I will make some personal care products out of it, like mouthwash and soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread