Why provape, whyyyyy?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny bobcat

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Colorado
So I've been waiting on my provari patiently since Friday, and yesterday I was very excited because the tracking info said it was out for delivery. I let out an audible "woohoo" when I saw this status on my break from work. Much to my dismay it was not waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. "Ok, just one more day" I thought to myself, I can handle that. I got home from work today long after the usual mail delivery time and saw it was still not there. Angrily I sped down to the post office to see what the deal was, usps tracking info in hand, and after waiting in line for 45 minutes the unusually helpful lady at the post office phoned my mail carrier for me, and then informed me that as she spoke the carrier was leaving a notice on my door saying the item would be available for pickup tomorrow. "a notice, what are you talking about? Why isn't it in my mailbox?" I said to her, to which she replied "the parcel has signature confirmation, it can only be delivered directly to you". So my question is why the heck does provape use this service? Or at least offer you the option of refusing it. Sorry for the rant guys, but I had to blow off some steam and I would imagine some of you feel my pain. Has anyone out there experienced similar problems?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
My own employer sends me stuff with signature required sometimes, when they KNOW that there's not going to be anyone at my house to sign (if I'm at my house, I'm not out doing my job:oops:).
I think it's FedEx that allowed me to have my signature "on file" with a record that it's OK to leave a sig-required package in a particular place without me actually there. Either FedEx or UPS - ONE of them stored that info. But they still sometimes forget....

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
The trick is living in Harlem. It doesn't matter if a package requires signature confirm, adult signature, sign in blood, or eye retinal scan, my mailman is leaving that box wherever the hell he wants.

I'm sorry, Chikenbok, but I laughed out loud at that. It reminded me of an Amazon commercial where the smileyface box with a Kindle in it is left on the doorstep of a brownstone and the lady comes home and sits on her stoop and opens her new Kindle. Every time I see it I think to myself that box would be gone in 60 seconds if they really left it on a doorstep in a city like that.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
So I've been waiting on my provari patiently since Friday, and yesterday I was very excited because the tracking info said it was out for delivery. I let out an audible "woohoo" when I saw this status on my break from work. Much to my dismay it was not waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. "Ok, just one more day" I thought to myself, I can handle that. I got home from work today long after the usual mail delivery time and saw it was still not there. Angrily I sped down to the post office to see what the deal was, usps tracking info in hand, and after waiting in line for 45 minutes the unusually helpful lady at the post office phoned my mail carrier for me, and then informed me that as she spoke the carrier was leaving a notice on my door saying the item would be available for pickup tomorrow. "a notice, what are you talking about? Why isn't it in my mailbox?" I said to her, to which she replied "the parcel has signature confirmation, it can only be delivered directly to you". So my question is why the heck does provape use this service? Or at least offer you the option of refusing it. Sorry for the rant guys, but I had to blow off some steam and I would imagine some of you feel my pain. Has anyone out there experienced similar problems?

OP: When I saw the title of your thread I thought provape assasinated someone, haha. Glad no blood was spilt. :lol:

I haven't had this happen with provape but today I went to the PO to find out why my buddy never got an EXPRESS MAIL I sent him last week. The PO basically lost the package, wont admit it, and blames me for waiving signature confirmation when I sent it. :facepalm:

RHP

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
There is a sign in my post office that says in item insured with a value over $100 must be signed for on delivery. If I'm waiting for package that requires a signature, I leave a signed note on my door with directions to leave a the package with my neighbor, works every time. I order a lot of crap on line, I live in the middle of the desert, nothing for miles, and out of the three major carriers, UPS, USPS, FedEx. USPS has been the most reliable and hassle free.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
I mentioned this in another thread, but I actually got an email from another vendor stating that over the last 2 or 3 months, they had seen a 600% (yes, six-hundred percent) increase in lost/stolen package claims via USPS shipping.....

I'm gonna say that that might have something to do with the policy of signature confirmation that ProVape adopted.

It's not like companies requiring signature confirmation is an unusual thing. If you had been tracking your package, it should have showed up in the tracking info pretty clearly.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I mentioned this in another thread, but I actually got an email from another vendor stating that over the last 2 or 3 months, they had seen a 600% (yes, six-hundred percent) increase in lost/stolen package claims via USPS shipping.....

I'm gonna say that that might have something to do with the policy of signature confirmation that ProVape adopted.

It's not like companies requiring signature confirmation is an unusual thing. If you had been tracking your package, it should have showed up in the tracking info pretty clearly.
I'm sure that's why Provape changed their shipping policy.

To make things clear, Provape ships ALL items signature required; high dollar items as well as a five buck adaptor. The 510-ego adapter I ordered 2 weeks ago was shipped signature required.

The thing that makes the worse for me is that I'm in a rural part of Illinois, and the online tracking info is very inaccurate around here. It's a 2 -3 day window from when it says it'll be delivered to when it actually arrives. I can't sit around for 3 days, so I just wait for the notice and make a trip to the post office to pick it up.

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
As the owner of a business that ships musical instruments and parts, I would never ship anything of any value without signature required and/or insurance .. no disrespect to the OP, but fraud over the last few years has grown steadily .. and if you're not home, you can always pick it up at the Post Office ..

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
As the owner of a business that ships musical instruments and parts, I would never ship anything of any value without signature required and/or insurance .. no disrespect to the OP, but fraud over the last few years has grown steadily .. and if you're not home, you can always pick it up at the Post Office ..
As the owner of a business I would give the customer the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread