Status
Not open for further replies.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
and most would then choose to not .. returning the merchant to the same scenario they had ..
Or like me, the customer will just go elsewhere to shop at a store that offers more convenience.

Except for the Provari itself, there are many other places to get my vape stuff that are more accommodating to my wishes.

Last edited:

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
I'm sure that's why Provape changed their shipping policy.

To make things clear, Provape ships ALL items signature required; high dollar items as well as a five buck adaptor. The 510-ego adapter I ordered 2 weeks ago was shipped signature required.

The thing that makes the worse for me is that I'm in a rural part of Illinois, and the online tracking info is very inaccurate around here. It's a 2 -3 day window from when it says it'll be delivered to when it actually arrives. I can't sit around for 3 days, so I just wait for the notice and make a trip to the post office to pick it up.

USPS tracking is horrendous. Packages are being delayed and lost/stolen, especially over the last few months. For instance, packages I have sent from FL to CT used to take 2 days....like clockwork. Now, the last 3 have each taken 4. They are not meeting the Priority 2-3 day timeframe on virtually ANY package.

There is ZERO reason they can't have a tracking system ala FedEx or UPS. USPS has great pricing compared to them, but that doesn't mean a whole lot if you can't get a package on time.....or at all.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
USPS tracking is horrendous. Packages are being delayed and lost/stolen, especially over the last few months. For instance, packages I have sent from FL to CT used to take 2 days....like clockwork. Now, the last 3 have each taken 4. They are not meeting the Priority 2-3 day timeframe on virtually ANY package.

There is ZERO reason they can't have a tracking system ala FedEx or UPS. USPS has great pricing compared to them, but that doesn't mean a whole lot if you can't get a package on time.....or at all.

Oh, get over it. I mean, really? How hard IS your life? Mailing problems....not so big on the radar. (Until it happens to you). OK -Which of your legs got blown off today? I'm sorry that your postman is a Mandelson's Chump, but please try to get over it. PLEASE!

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I know it disappointing when your waiting for a new PV, I myself feel better about signing for my new purple mini I ordered today Yay! last year I ordered batteries from provape and I never received them because they where delivered to the wrong address. I'm really glad it never happened to any of my provari and I was only out $18 but still it was a drag.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
Oh, get over it. I mean, really? How hard IS your life? Mailing problems....not so big on the radar. (Until it happens to you). OK -Which of your legs got blown off today? I'm sorry that your postman is a Mandelson's Chump, but please try to get over it. PLEASE!

Oh dear, I'm sorry for having the audacity to discuss postal issues in a thread where the subject is postal issues and why signature confirmation is being required. You don't know who I am, or what you are talking about. Don't single me out. I'm guessing that since you are commenting in a ProVari enthusiast's forum, you probably cry about first-world problems from time to time.

To answer your question, I'm lucky enough to have all my limbs. And on top of that, I even have a hot meal to eat for dinner.

If you'd get off your high-horse for a moment, and read the context, I'm not so much complaining as explaining why some vendors have begun to require signature confirmation.

I'm sorry you're having a sad today.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

I agree 100%.
With the closing of many sorting facilities the service has taken a rapid downhill tract. That is why the online tracking for my area is so unreliable. If it says it'll be delivered on Tuesday and is at the nearest sorting facility it may come anytime between Tuesday and Thursday. My delivery which used to be at 10-11am is now anywhere from 10am-5pm. This makes stalking the mailman that much harder.

As far as lost packages, that has happened to me also. I had one a couple of months ago that was delivered to the wrong address. Fortunately it was traced and eventually found its way to me.

That said I'd be happy with a signature policy on the big ticket items, but would like to have the option to take my chances on the small stuff.

Last edited:

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
Or like me, the customer will just go elsewhere to shop at a store that offers more convenience.

Except for the Provari itself, there are many other places to get my vape stuff that are more accommodating to my wishes.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I honestly don't mind it on a $250 item. But, I'm not going through the hassle for $25 worth of batteries.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
If it needs a sig then I leave a note on my door with permission to leave package and my signature on the note. Since I now work from home it doesn't matter, I'm usually home or someone is anyways.
My mailman won't accept a note like that. He has a digital pad, and told me that I have to be present to sign on the pad or he can't leave it.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I've asked my carrier to leave items that need a signature along with the left notice slip which I sign and leave in box. If I have ordered something that I don't want left unattended, I let her know in advance.
Consider yourself very lucky. Mine used to do that, but since he got the digital pad, he told me he'd be risking his job if he did that.

johnny bobcat

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Colorado
Well, all's well that ends well I suppose. After a backbreaking shift at the warehouse I took a trip to the local post office and it was there waiting for me. I already love it, the build quality is even better than I expected. Even the screws that hold on the glass screen line up perfectly perpendicular to the body of the device. I mean like wow... It's also a good deal smaller than I expected, apparently all of the YouTube reviewers have freakishly small hands. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread