why so tough on newbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvalonMyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm a newbie here as well. I think it's because they don't want Spammers. They want to make sure you're a real person not a computer generated system that will overflow the system with crap. Also, to make sure you're serious about vaping like everyone else. Hope that helps.

Live Long and vape Y'all

Skruf

Jul 26, 2010
San Francisco
This and the Vapers Forum are the most difficult forums I've ever joined. I've never had the experience of being limited to posting in the new members section. Very frustrating. I will say that I got my 510 last Thursday and haven't had an analog since. I've got half a pack of Luckies and half a pack of Reds sitting in my former smoking room (the downstairs bathroom).

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
welcome to ECF!

The rules about how many posts to do this and that are honestly there for a good reason. Though it may seem like a pain to post some, just find a few new members threads and comment on how it helped, or thanks for the info, or something quick and simple like that. It goes by quicker than you think! Promise :)

Without this forum, I honestly think I would be back to analogs again, so don't lose faith, and best of luck!!

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
It's done to prevent spam, plain and simple, and it works very well. Once you've been around long enough, you'll notice that the ECF gets a tiny fraction of the spam that other forums get. And what does actually show up gets squashed very quickly.

Our members shouldn't have to deal with a lot of spam. I know it irritates the heck out of me.

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
This and the Vapers Forum are the most difficult forums I've ever joined. I've never had the experience of being limited to posting in the new members section. Very frustrating. I will say that I got my 510 last Thursday and haven't had an analog since. I've got half a pack of Luckies and half a pack of Reds sitting in my former smoking room (the downstairs bathroom).
throw those stix away!!!! You don't need 'em anymore bro!
WELCOME I'm somewhat new to this place as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I joined this forum before the new member policy was created. I think this is my 3rd post.

I have spent hours reading, and have used a pv for over 9 months, but here I am stuck locked into a room full of noob :)
This policy has been in effect since I joined, except that it used to be 15 posts instead of 5...........

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread