FDA Why wouldn't we go on the offensive, right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I do not think that number is at all realistic at this time. Let me give an example of why I think that.

I was looking into the Conrad James campaign in NM and it appears that he received $125,000 in campaign contributions.

$650 appeared to come from vapers. (according to the Albuquerque Journal) 0.005%

(and that was after Greg Conley did an all-out push to get votes and raise dollars 2 weeks all across the United States before the election).

That just doesn't spell political momentum to me.

The political momentum referenced in this thread has to do with Pubs taking over Congress and not the amount of vapers who may, or may not be, politically active. Dems signed TCA into law and Dems have been pushing FDA to reach a final rule that is hopefully more harsh than what they've come up with so far. I strongly believe Pubs would have a different take on how eCigs ought to be regulated by the federal government.

So you think vendors and manufacturers (many of whom you suggest might need to be clued in about a silver platter opportunity being presented to them) are going to get a seat at the table with someone other than ineffectual low level staffers?

Yes.

Because if your prior description of them reflects any truth, then they aren't qualified to sit at the table with the Big Boys.

They should be sent to the children's table with some Play Doh. :laugh:

Some of them are small peanuts and some of them have likely already sat at the table with the Big Boys. I'm thinking some may be doing it now. Likewise, some senators are small peanuts in scheme of things and could possibly get a bump on national scene by being that guy or that gal that took this issue by the reins and moved things forward.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Dems signed TCA into law and Dems have been pushing FDA to reach a final rule that is hopefully more harsh than what they've come up with so far.

And it should be pointed out that they did that without some massive 'grassroots' citizens campaign (hell, nobody knew :facepalm:) but through pure ideology. And THAT is why we're forced into the defensive position in the first place and not only on this issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread