The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why wrap?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by e-pipeman, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. e-pipeman

e-pipeman Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    What's all the stuff about wraps? If your mod works why cover it in sticky backed plastic?

Just wondering. :)

2. chewster

chewster Full Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I never saw the appeal myself. Then again all my mods are black or the closest to black that's offered. Some might find that odd, but it floats my boat.

In some parallel universe where mods only came in pink, baby blue, or teal, I'd be all over black wraps. ;)

3. Northernshrink

Northernshrink Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2012
    Bracebridge Ont Canada
    I ordered my first wrap the other day simply because I find the Silver IPV mini2 slippery that said I went carbon fibre and not plastic.

4. caferacer

caferacer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Because Awesome-O is awesome, yo!

[​IMG]

5. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    To keep the device from getting scratched, to cover existing scratches, to simply change the look or to create some personal style. As mentioned earlier, the textures are nice for added grip-ability.

If someone PIFed you a hot pink mod pipeman, a wrap could handle that for you too. :laugh: That sticky vinyl doesn't harm the mod, so you could take the wrap off and give it to a lady friend later, too.

6. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Yep! I wrapped that one, too, for the same reason. And I'll be wrapping my istick 50W for the same reason.

I wrapped my ipv1 because it gets scratched easily so I could protect the finish.

7. perkidan

perkidan Full Member Verified Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Augusta, Ky
    I put a Zombie wrap on my IPV Mini just because...well...Zombies are AWESOME!!!!!! :)

8. Rizzyking

Rizzyking Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've never wrapped any of my mods but some I've seen look great horses for courses I guess.

9. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    I have a plastic case on my phone :blink:

10. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    Me too! The darned slippery silver IPV Mini 2...

[​IMG]

11. bghill

bghill Full Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Vancouver, BC
    Same idea as a cell phone case I guess.

12. Scotticus93

Scotticus93 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

13. Wolfenstark

Wolfenstark Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2014
    Perth , Australia
    Something to do for the fun of it - if you find it fun.

14. Rwb1500

Rwb1500 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2014
    South Central PA
    That looks so good. I'm buying an IPV mini now. Where'd the wrap come from?

15. Ou2mame

Ou2mame Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2015
    Long island
    I'll be custom making a skin for me mvp cause I'm an artist and that's that I like to do. Some people just like options and expression.

16. dhood

dhood Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2014
    Georgia
    I got my IPV mini just before Christmas. About a month into ownership, I noticed that my "black" IPV mini wasn't really black any more. Had scratches on it, and the finish is coming off. It still works like a champ, but doesn't look that great. I also noticed the finish on the buttons is coming off as well. Turns out they are copper. So to protect what is left, I got a Tardis wrap with the BAD WOLF graffiti on it. Looks great now. I'm also looking to get a black carbon fiber wrap for my iStick 50 because that sucker is really slippery.

17. milescadre

milescadre Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    I can think of a very good reason; the last color of the last mod thye had in stock was something you didnt want (lets say your mvp3.0 was only instock and on sale for one day, and the last one was a pink one). you can j wrap it and save a tiny bit of dignity XD

but I wouldnt imagine wrapping a high dollar mod. but I have wrapped my mvp 2.0 ^^

18. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    Vaporskinz.com It was $18 with a coupon code. (I forget what the code was, sorry).

19. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    You never bought a thing from China that had the finish start wearing off the first time you picked it up? You pay a price for everything - including cheap devices with cheap finishes.

20. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

I like mine naked. I don't mind the wear marks and antiquing. My phones are wrap and case free also...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.