Because Awesome-O is awesome, yo! [emoji6]

2765853ebd729ee2cdf5567f038ff7ba.jpg

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
To keep the device from getting scratched, to cover existing scratches, to simply change the look or to create some personal style. As mentioned earlier, the textures are nice for added grip-ability.

If someone PIFed you a hot pink mod pipeman, a wrap could handle that for you too. :laugh: That sticky vinyl doesn't harm the mod, so you could take the wrap off and give it to a lady friend later, too.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I ordered my first wrap the other day simply because I find the Silver IPV mini2 slippery that said I went carbon fibre and not plastic.

Yep! I wrapped that one, too, for the same reason. And I'll be wrapping my istick 50W for the same reason.

I wrapped my ipv1 because it gets scratched easily so I could protect the finish.

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I got my IPV mini just before Christmas. About a month into ownership, I noticed that my "black" IPV mini wasn't really black any more. Had scratches on it, and the finish is coming off. It still works like a champ, but doesn't look that great. I also noticed the finish on the buttons is coming off as well. Turns out they are copper. So to protect what is left, I got a Tardis wrap with the BAD WOLF graffiti on it. Looks great now. I'm also looking to get a black carbon fiber wrap for my iStick 50 because that sucker is really slippery.

milescadre

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I can think of a very good reason; the last color of the last mod thye had in stock was something you didnt want (lets say your mvp3.0 was only instock and on sale for one day, and the last one was a pink one). you can j wrap it and save a tiny bit of dignity XD

but I wouldnt imagine wrapping a high dollar mod. but I have wrapped my mvp 2.0 ^^

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
What's all the stuff about wraps? If your mod works why cover it in sticky backed plastic?

Just wondering. :)

You never bought a thing from China that had the finish start wearing off the first time you picked it up? You pay a price for everything - including cheap devices with cheap finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread