Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Some wraps make the mod easier to grip. I have an ostrich textured wrap on a polished tube mod, and it went from being a slippery pain to a pleasure. It also doesn't feel as cold in the winter weather. I wouldn't wrap my beaten up mods, as every nick and scar shows they are survivors!

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
My daughter and her boyfriend have identical setups. They also participate in a local Live Action Role Playing game. We got wraps for my daughter's equipment after the night she, her boyfriend, and another player were in a scene and got all 3 identical vaping setups confused - everybody grabbed the wrong unit at first, and they had to sort things out by checking out who had what flavor in their tank. We ordered wraps for my daughter the next day. No more confusion.

MnLA

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
Left Coast, USA
One of my older Spinners lost its grippy surface, so I took some old nail polish that I don't use and painted random diagonal hash marks all over it in black, copper and purple. I don't drop it anymore (and it looks cool). If I didn't have nail polish laying around, I would have used black electrical tape to provide grippiness. If I didn't have THAT, I would probably get a wrap. Maybe. Or use a rubber band.

That said, I think the Tardis wraps look cool on box mods. "Carbon Fiber" is nice too.

Happy Wednesday!

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I wouldn't wrap chrome. But cheap brushed aluminum that has been painted thinly? Sure. There is aging, and there is ugly. I love the green of my mvp 20w, but the paint is starting to chip and its not going to look good forever. People wrap to preserve value for when they want to sell it. I use tempted glass on my phone, with a shockproof case cause well... I drop my phone a lot. Tempered glass is amazing btw, for anyone who doesn't know about it. Best screen protector ever. It is real glass and feels perfect, scratch proof, and goes on so much easier than film. No more steamy bathrooms and rubber gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread