Status
Not open for further replies.

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
You'd have to order it from Greece, but I have the STR5 on my Dripper Pro and really like it. They also make an STR10, STR15, and STR20. The number is the number of mm (the Dripper Pro has a thin neck so the STR5 is perfect, a flat-topped dripper you'll want the longer ones).

Drip Tips

The STRs are toward the bottom.

I am not a fan of the straight-edge wide-bore drip tips, they're just not very comfortable. The STRx type are rounded inside and out.

BlutO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
The Dirty South
I've always used the Empire Mods delrin one linked earlier or the Shorty from Super T. They are a third of the price of the Ninja Mods and work well for dripping. I would think the airflow would be more dependent on the bottom air hole than the drip tip, but I guess it makes a difference. The restricted drip tip that comes with a Kayfun definitely slows it down, but that's a rare design.

weezymagic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
STL
You'd have to order it from Greece, but I have the STR5 on my Dripper Pro and really like it. They also make an STR10, STR15, and STR20. The number is the number of mm (the Dripper Pro has a thin neck so the STR5 is perfect, a flat-topped dripper you'll want the longer ones).

Drip Tips

I am not a fan of the straight-edge wide-bore drip tips, they're just not very comfortable. The STRx type are rounded inside and out.

emailed them about specs

I've always used the Empire Mods delrin one linked earlier or the Shorty from Super T. They are a third of the price of the Ninja Mods and work well for dripping. I would think the airflow would be more dependent on the bottom air hole than the drip tip, but I guess it makes a difference. The restricted drip tip that comes with a Kayfun definitely slows it down, but that's a rare design.

where im coming from with drip hole is the air holes take air in and the dt takes air out. to maximize airflow (im playing with clouds and such, efficiency wise, probably not going to do much for a normal vape) im trying to get the most air out (because that is more limiting than adjusting air holes) and then adjust the air holes to get them roughly the same so that there is no bottleneck and a large amount of air passing the coils if that makes sense.
havent gotten a reply from em about measurements

weezymagic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
STL
They're usually pretty quick with email but you could also post in their thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/euro-suppliers/426015-leo-attys-mods-drip-tips-tanks.html

I think Billie from By Leo practically lives there. :)
At work now. Got email. Will post later

Out of curiosity...

Why use a drip tip at all if your goal is to maximise air flow? ANY drip tip will reduce air flow due to the connection that it has to make with the atomizer.

When I blow clouds, I simply don't use one.

I would like a dt for heat reasons. And I can always drill bigger but not lower. If my theory works, I may try modifying a cap to enable a larger homemade dt to work.

Btw, this is all for fun and science. My daily isn't a cloud chaser but I enjoy having some fun at home tinkering with it

I appreciate all the thoughts and comments in here

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Nataani

Moved On
Nov 28, 2013
Chicago, IL
I may try modifying a cap to enable a larger homemade dt to work.

Oh now thats interesting... Bore out the top of the cap almost completely and fit an equally wide drip tip... If you go for a vortex style air hole setup that could get you some really interesting results!

I get the whole heat thing, on my contest builds I cant take more than two drags off the thing before it is too hot to put lips to. That said, it makes a huge difference to not have a drip tip at all.

Also, I have a problem with the whole idea of the wide bore drip tips. They all tend to be wider at the mouth then at the base, which makes little sense to me in terms of hydrodynamics.

Anyway, this is the drip tip I sometimes use when I want to chain vape on hot RDA builds.

Hara Wide Bore Drip Tip with Delrin Cup

It is about the same size at the mouth as the connection to the dripper. Also it comes in two segments, the bottom segment insulates the metal mouth piece from the top cap, so it doesnt heat up at all. I bored out the metal segment to as large as I could comfortably get it.

BlutO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
The Dirty South
where im coming from with drip hole is the air holes take air in and the dt takes air out. to maximize airflow (im playing with clouds and such, efficiency wise, probably not going to do much for a normal vape) im trying to get the most air out (because that is more limiting than adjusting air holes) and then adjust the air holes to get them roughly the same so that there is no bottleneck and a large amount of air passing the coils if that makes sense.
havent gotten a reply from em about measurements

I went and checked a bunch of different drip tip diameters I had lying around and the Super T and the Kayfun are the widest at the atty connection. The Empire Mods delrin one has a huge mouthpiece diameter but it slopes to a standard size at the atty. Of course the Kayfun has a tiny mouthpiece hole but now I'm thinking of cutting mine down a little to use on RDAs.

A friend of mine makes the IBTipsys or whatever he calls them and I'm trying to get him to design a wider diameter model for RDAs. Right now he just builds bad ... carto tanks with matching tips and I just don't use those :D

ETA: Oh, I almost forgot. I also found a 306 shorty tip and I'm using it in my Trident right now and it's wider with thinner walls than any 510 drip tip available.

ETA#2: Hehe. I just found my Cherry Vapes universal. It's gotta be the widest available. It's a little long, though.

Last edited:

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand

Drip Tips

I have an STR10 being shipped at the moment - it's going on my out-and-about stainless EVOD Glass/EVOD Battery. Will post pics when I get it if anyone is interested.

My collection of bookmarks thanks you all for the new stainless drip tip leads XD

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
You could try to find a press-fit or friction-fit drip tip. They are made of Delrin and do not rely on o-rings so you get pretty much the entire 510 bore. As a comparison, here are some pics of my next biggest bore drip tip and my friction-fit tip in my Magma top cap.

20141209_233619.jpg 20141209_233548.jpg

versus

20141209_233713.jpg 20141209_233731.jpg

Yes, it's really in there in that last photo.

I would hunt for them in B&M stores to ensure a good fit with your atty if you can. Because there is no o-ring the fitting must be precise and this tip does not work in all of my attys. I got mine through vapordna and had to go through an exchange to get one that fit right.

EDIT: Duh, forgot the side-by-side

20141210_000713.jpg

Sorry, I don't have calipers so I can't give you measurements.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread