Wierd question that popped in my head today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

souvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
India
Does e-liquid have any calories or sugars? I don't even know if calories and that sort of thing exist in vapor form. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hi Trento...Funny you started this thread, I have a similar query to this, guys have you noticed an increase in your weight, since you quit smoking..I have put on a few pounds it seems in the last three months since I quit. Not sure if it's from the calories we are getting from the juices or that my appetite has increased, as smoking is known to kill appetite....could it also be ECF addiction keeping me hooked to my desk :D

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i have noticed the exact opposite. vaping curbs my appetite much more than smoking ever did.

Hi Trento...Funny you started this thread, I have a similar query to this, guys have you noticed an increase in your weight, since you quit smoking..I have put on a few pounds it seems in the last three months since I quit. Not sure if it's from the calories we are getting from the juices or that my appetite has increased, as smoking is known to kill appetite....could it also be ECF addiction keeping me hooked to my desk :D

Trento06

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Maryville, Tennessee

I think people are more susceptible to gain weight after they stop smoking cogarettes. Not sure why. I know my grandfather gained a lot of weight after he quit many years ago.

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
I think people are more susceptible to gain weight after they stop smoking cogarettes. Not sure why. I know my grandfather gained a lot of weight after he quit many years ago.

Gotta stick something in your face.

I just ate six Kryspy Kreme donuts at a farewell party here at work. I blame cigarettes.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Although I have heard people say that they could smell food and gain weight, I don't think that applies to vaping. :)

Seriously, sugar would be the death of an atty as it caramelized on the coil. There's not much in ejuice that equates to caloric content. PG and VG might have caloric content that is released when you consume them in foods such as salad dressings. Nicotine probably doesn't contribute at all. Flavorings are not significant in calorie content.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
From what Ive always heard and learned , its the nicotine that curbs the appetite, as does caffeine and most stimulants. Maybe you need more nic in your first few months, or the fact that now you puff less and your hands need something to play with. I have actually lost 10 lbs. Now that I dont have to go outside to smoke, I can vape when I get that anxious feeling. Plus now that your taste buds are coming back you are craving something to taste. Just my two cents.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
the reason why ex-smokers gain weight comes from a combination of things. first, you have the lack of nicotine. nicotine is a stimulant. it not only speeds up the body, but it surpresses appetite. then youve got the lack of hand-to-mouth. the ex-smoker replaces that with food. and finally, you have the increased taste stemming from the lack of tar on the tongue dulling the taste buds. so food is not only satisfying the hand-to-mouth tendancy, its also tasting much better. further, you dont have that stimulant to curb appetite, or help you burn the food off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread