Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I pretty sure I'm ordering the mini tomorrow when the sale starts. My question is my Itaste V3 has the VW setting and I do use it at times.
Will I be diapointed not having it?

When VW first started to be Available I thought it would be Something that I would use All the Time. But after the Initial Coolness Factor wore off, I found that I use/like VV mode Better.

Maybe if a Person was using a Wide Range of Different ohm Cartos/Clearos. But for someone like myself who uses the Same ohms most of the time, VW Isn't all that Useful.

If you Get a Provari Mini, I would suggest you Also get an Extension Cap so you can run 18490/18500 batteries in it.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I dial both VV and VW to taste. "Set it and forget it" has never been part of my vaping experience.

Exactly! I tend to vape at 4-4.8 volts, and 8-10 watts, depending on my eliquid and delivery system, changes all the time. I have 2 ProVaris and 4 VW devices, and I change settings quite a lot.

So, no, I don't think you will miss it :)

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I use the VW on my devices that have it, on the ones that don't I use VV. Not a big deal either way for me, and certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker as far as getting a Provari.

Depending on what juice you are using, your delivery system, your mood, or whatever, you will probably find yourself fine tuning with either one. VW gets me closer, so less pushing of the button(s), but I still fiddle with it.

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
I pretty sure I'm ordering the mini tomorrow when the sale starts. My question is my Itaste V3 has the VW setting and I do use it at times.
Will I be diapointed not having it?

Not one bit....at least I didn't. Also, VV allows you more precision when choosing settings than most VW devices that go in .5 watt increments (unless it's a DNA20).

Cactus Breath

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
AZ
Depends on how heavily you relied on VW. Even with the same resistance, I like different power settings for different juices (or even different times of the day), so I'd be fiddling with it no matter if it had VW or not.

The biggest advantage I see to VW is for somebody who's constantly switching delivery devices. I don't sit around screwing 10 different devices (with different resistance) on and off my ProVari, so I don't feel like I'm missing anything by not having VW. I use the same devices (carto tanks) with the same resistance most of the time, so I already know my baseline settings - it's just a matter of fine-tuning it from there for a particular juice or whatever.

cghildreth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Central Texas
You won't miss it. You also won't regret taking the plunge on a provari. I enjoy the hell out of my mechs (both cheap and expensive) and blowing huge clouds with sub-ohm coils, but when I want a consistent all day vape, I always turn to the pro-vari. I've had the vamos, zmaxes, evics and find that the vape tends to be more consistent dialing in by voltage than wattage. Love the vari.

Did I mention that I love the provari?

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    I have VW devices, and I never use them in that mode.

I dont like VW, I dont think its as precise as VV and I look at it as lacking the fine precision to fully dial in the desired flavor and throat hit that VV can do.

Now, DNA Variable wattage, Im open to trying for sure. But until VW gets better than .5w increments, .1VV is the way to go.

Also, you dont need to agonize over studying ohms law to use VV correctly. I used VV from day 1, based purely off of what I saw PBusardo and others doingin there videos. Start low, adjust to taste. More ohms means more volts. 1.5ohms dual coils at 5v or more. 3.7volts is a fair guess of standard ego power. You really dont need to be aware of much more than that to use VV effectively.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread