The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Will short stop fuses work with sub ohming?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by dragonspirit1185, Jul 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dragonspirit1185

dragonspirit1185 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 25, 2012
    I recently purchased a Nemesis and I placed an order for a short stop fuse last night and I was in touch with the vape safe 2 makers trying to figure out why lots of sites were dropping their fuses and they said their fuse doesn't work with sub ohming.

Does the short stop fuse still work?

2. bluecat

bluecat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    The short stop fuse I believe trips at 7 amps. A .5 ohm coil running on 4.0 volts is going to grab 8 amps.

Many people are using the 30 amp sony's.

If you are going to stay under 7 amps you are fine with one and can probably grab some good deals as the vendors try to unload their stock.

Sorry according to Holocronlabs labs the short stop is 5 amps not 7. http://holocronlabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/shortstop_instructions_onepage_WEB.pdf

3. dragonspirit1185

Oct 25, 2012
    Idk if I will be going that low with sub ohming to be honest.
    I have an Efest 2000mah 10 amp 18650, 2 Efest purple 35amp (which are really 20amp LG he2) 18650s and 2 Sony 30amp VTC5s

So with me using the 30amp VTC5s on say a .20 or so coil will it trip?
    Sure I wanna get so massive clouds but I don't really need to get too low.

I ordered a PlumeVeil 1:1 clone and will be using it and I don't think I'll need to go ridiculously low with the ohms cause from the looks of it it's gonna chuck some vapor.
    Just using my Kayfun on a 1.8 ohm coil it's producing a lot of vapor. I use all VG.

4. bluecat

bluecat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    Ohm's Law Calculator

4.2 volts using a .2 ohm resistance coil will pull 21 amps. It should trip.

Plug your variables in. Stay within your limits. I generally use 4.0 but 4.2 would probably be best. It really depends on your battery volt at the time of firing. 4.21 is what it comes of the charger. When I vape with my batteries they are generally down to 4.18-4.2.

I do not use the efest as I have heard stories that the amp limit is exaggerated. I also do not sub ohm. Lowest coil I ever made was dual 1.4. It was too hot for my tastes.

5. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    There are several safety fuses on the market, and each model may trip at a different amp limit.

Vape Safe is a patented brand name and they have two versions available:

• Vape Safe Safety Fuse - one time use only, a hard short trip will destroy the device and it will need to be replaced. It has a 7 amp limit, so it will trip if used below 0.7 ohms.

• Vape Safe 2 Safety Fuse - multiple-use and self-resetting. It has a 6 amp limit, so it will trip if used below 0.8 ohms.

Please be aware that this device is applied to the negative end of the battery.

Vapesafe Fuse.jpg fuse2.jpg

6. dragonspirit1185

Oct 25, 2012
    not interest in the vape safe 2. This thread is about the Short Stop fuse I can get the Short Stop on sale right now for under $9

The Short Stop isn't polarity sensitive it can go on the top or bottom of the battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.