Will there ever be a Provari 2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've had my satin Provari for 7+ months and love it and use it daily with 18490 AW IMRs. The only issue I have with it, is that it's very heavy. It feels about twice as heavy as an old 'Buzz' which I no longer use but which is similar size and uses 2 batteries..

I have noticed that the size of the provari (to the atty connector) is more than twice the length of the 18490 AW IMR's. Surely something can be done with the electronics inside to make it more compact and light weight ? If you could reduce the length 25-30% and weight by 30-50% I'd buy a new Provari 2 (in fact I'd get 3). My parents love the provari but find it too heavy. I'm a big guy with big hands but still find the weight awkward at times and I don't even use the 18650 extension!

Oh and in addition to the above .. if you ever do decide to make a Provari 2 please consider using those 'precious metals' for the connectors that SuperT are using in their new (mechanical) PVs .. something to do with never needing to clean the contats. i find mine corroding all the time and needing a scrape

belialNZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
New Zealand
The ONE thing that frustrates me with Provari is how long it "remembers" my button presses, so ends up going to PU menu item when I'm just vaping. If I hold the button down for 2 seconds its because I'm "Vaping" not because I'm making one of the 5 presses required to get to menu.

That said, its my #1 device, hardly ever without it and love how reliable and strong it is, and I don't mind the weight or size at all, in fact, I'd love a 26500/26650 version (maybe it could then put out enough amps to drive a triple coil?)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I can't imagine what could be done to improve the Provari. For me, they're the ultimate. Maybe if it automatically adjusted the voltage to carto ohms, to achieve a desired vaping wattage would be cool.

Hit the Nail on the head,,,, constant monitoring of the Atty resistance and variable wattage would be tremendous in my opinion.Maybe 2012 will bring this to Provapes units :)

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
I can't imagine what could be done to improve the Provari. For me, they're the ultimate. Maybe if it automatically adjusted the voltage to carto ohms, to achieve a desired vaping wattage would be cool.

for me, the provari is damned near perfect. I love the weight, not too heavy in my hands, not too light...lol some mods feel as though i'll bend or squash em, they have no weight to them at all except from the battery/s :p I'm not vaping much above 4.5v, usually vaping between 3.8 and 4.2v and running dual coils, with and without a tank... only exception is when running atty's, then any voltage is game to find the ultimate vape.... well, maybe if they add another function on the menu where you can select the type of carto or atty...and each one in the program, the current cut-off is adjusted properly to which ever version you are using....then those using 1.5 ohm dc's arent stuck vaping below 4.2v (for me anyways), below 4.9v for 2 ohm dc's, etc etc.....for me though, it doesnt matter if its changed or not for any reason.... it's still my #1 favorite mod out there...

Last edited:

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
With the end cap it weights 4.2 ounces. With the extension it weighs 4.4 ounces. This is without batts of course. So with the extension about the same as a Darwin. I dunno, trying to think of where they could off the weight...aluminum tube? Less durable. Aluminum endcaps? no chance I don't think, but could be wrong, that the electronics accounts for much weight at all. It's the body. Hubba hubba...

There will be new versions, there always is. New colors too, I'm sure. A feeder system, hopefully before I'm dead. And a higher than 2.5a switch limit hopefully so I won't need anything else for DC and TC. Trying to think what other LED colors might be cool...green maybe?

By the way the chrome I got during the sale looks hot as hell with the blue led and no, absolutely no, finish peeling near the logo or anywhere else for that matter. I still would like a precious metal option other than gold, like Rhodium...brighter than chrome and more durable. About the same cost as gold, I think. Black nickel would be cool...it looks like real black chrome not just shiny black but more of deep shined grey/black...looks much nicer than plain black.

Pharein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
New Zealand
I have no problem with the weight when holding it. In fact I love to hold it. Feels sturdy and solid. I couldn't put it in my front shirt pocket which I'm inclined to do with some of my other Mods.

I wouldn't mind the 2.5 amp cut-off raised a little higher. And a better way of housing longer 18650 batteries. The spacers seem more like a temporary solution and that takes away from the Provari being a mod with excellent fit and finish IMO.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
The only thing I'd like to see is a polished version instead of chrome.

The satin's nice n all, but I like shiny things.. :D
Chrome is nice and shiny and durable for mine that I just got a couple weeks ago...I think polishing is more work than plating, and if it is it would be more expensive, but I'm no expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread