The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Will these work on an Evod?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by vaper1960, Sep 16, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    In theory, yes. They seem at least given the limited pic information to have the right connector. In practice it will depend a bit on what their ohm rating is and whether there is a quality modifier involved in the term “work”.
    Ego style batteries in general don’t do too well with really low ohm stuff. They usually do 3.7v but their draw ability varies and generally isn’t very good. More or less poor to really poor. Also iirc those things are old style cartos and didn’t have a super great rep when they were popular many years ago so if there is a quality of vape modifier they may or may not meet it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Yes back when I vaped with the ego battery those are the exact tanks I used, and an evod is similar to an ego..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    If your Evod is an Ego style battery, then yes they will work.

[​IMG]

The Kanger T3S has the "female" eGo connector. Most eGo batteries have both male and female connector attachments.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Now I'm even more confused... I need an adapter? And yes, I never even like the Evod much, but this cheap price I'll give it another chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    No I don't think you need an adaptor for an evod..

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. mcduffy

mcduffy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2017
  9. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    You don't need an adapter to use those on an Evod battery. They already have the matching threading to work on Evods.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    @r77r7r - At Rock Bottom Vapes the T3S are $3.50 each. OP can get them for $5.49 per 5 pack at VapeNW.

11. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    You won't need the adaptor for an ego battery. However the adaptor would allow you to use the T3S on a 510 mod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Yes, like I said... they are so cheap why not go for it!
    It's original Evod 1 and I made the mistake of getting coils from local cig shop (not even a real vape shop) They had then loose in a cardboard box and I got 5 (3 were actually dead short... tested with ohm meter) Out of the 3 replacement they gave me, 1 more was dead short! I just gave up. Also, the airflow was too restricted for me (I like loose MTL) I will fix that with a drill (I've done it before) Just wondering, are these carts plastic or glass? Doesn't matter but they didn't say. I got a little pod (my post about the $1 labor day sale) Total joke, and replacement pods are 4 for $15, so I saw this and thought "why not give the Evod another chance? BTW, I don't even know what resistance the coils from the smoke shop were... there are different ones and i would like something under 2 ohms if possible. I do DIY juice so can make any VG/PG ratio... would 50/50 work well?

13. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    They are polycarbonate so they are plastic. Not much vapor produced, I used them a long time ago. The coils for them probably not so cheap, but they can be taken apart and rebuilt with some care.

Probably 1.8 ohm but the do also come with 2.2 ohm coils. the wick is silica the 50/50 may work or it may be too thin. I used them with 70/30 when I was using them

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jwaterski

Jwaterski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    OKC, OK
    It does say 1.8 in the add, they'll work fine for what they are. I know plenty of people still use them or something similar. Not the greatest, not the worst either. As mentioned by Beamslider, they can be rebuilt, if you have a desire to do so.

15. Baditude

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Silica strings, not silicone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    That's right, I edited it to fix it

17. Dacholiday Dach

Dacholiday Dach Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Rockbottom vapes does have the coils for 5 bucks a 5 pack.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Plastic is fine actually. I forgot to mention, I have re-wicked them before... main reason I want to try again. I could wind a microcoil too, but I just re-wick with cotton (I do have some rayon too) Most of my juice is 65VG/35PG so I'll try that first.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dacholiday Dach

Dacholiday Dach Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Funny but after all these years I still use basic cleros. Right now I am using an evod 2 but I actually ordered these just to have,as well as coils for my Evod2, I have been stocking up on stuff like this, as I can't see well enough to rebuild coils. The only question I have is, these coils that they call for look just like the coils I used in my original Evod years ago, but it calls for a different coil for those T3S cleros.

20. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I have to use reading glasses AND a magnifying glass!