Will vaping clean out your lungs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You'll go on breathing .... from the environment, car exhausts, polluted air, and all sorts of things lung damaging. But at least it'll be at a slower pace than smoking. Your lungs won't be entirely clear. I was diagnosed with allergic asthma this winter, I was coughing non stop, but it turned out my cough stopped with teofilin, an asthma medication. Go pay a visit to your neumonologist, don't say you're vaping, most don't know a thing about vaping.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
it might help but i dont know. maybe its like a tiny humidifier! :thumb:
CMIIW but wouldn't vaping have the opposite effect? Since the ingredients in juice are humectants, they pull moisture out of the environment they are in, so vaping actually DEhumidifies your lungs. ;)

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I can't speak much of PG vapor, other than it dehydrates me horribly, among other effects.

My VG juices, however, seem to have a bit of an expectorant effect on me. Some people report that VG seems to 'make their lungs feel heavy', which could mean that it tends to collect in them, and not readily absorb. I've got little understanding of what happens to it after you inhale it, though.

I don't think that there is much information on the subject, other than anecdotal, and my observations are that when I vape VG liquids heavily, it causes a productive cough occasionally. Not much, when I vape normally.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
CMIIW but wouldn't vaping have the opposite effect? Since the ingredients in juice are humectants, they pull moisture out of the environment they are in, so vaping actually DEhumidifies your lungs. ;)

Not really. If you keep a 30% PG/ 70% VG it might happen. PG is an alcohol, EXTREMELY dehidrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread