The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Will vaping clean out your lungs ?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by MaxTO, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MaxTO

MaxTO Full Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Toronto
    Having made the change from analogs to vaping I was wondering if the vapour from my e-cig will help loosen up all the tar and other crap that has collected on my lungs from all the years of smoking ?

2. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    California
    We know that stopping smoking lets your lungs do their own cleaning out. I don't know whether vaping would loosen it up or not or if there would be a way to study this since they will clean themselves over time anyway?

3. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    I seriously doubt it hasten the process.

4. MaxTO

MaxTO Full Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Toronto
    Could be , but doesn't seem unreasonable to think that the vapour could possibly cause all that crap to condense and loosen up .

But , then again it should all be wishful thinking .

5. MaxTO

MaxTO Full Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Toronto
  6. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    it might help but i dont know. maybe its like a tiny humidifier! :thumb:

7. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

8. Susaz

You'll go on breathing .... from the environment, car exhausts, polluted air, and all sorts of things lung damaging. But at least it'll be at a slower pace than smoking. Your lungs won't be entirely clear. I was diagnosed with allergic asthma this winter, I was coughing non stop, but it turned out my cough stopped with teofilin, an asthma medication. Go pay a visit to your neumonologist, don't say you're vaping, most don't know a thing about vaping.

9. spaceballsrules

spaceballsrules Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    Cary, NC
    CMIIW but wouldn't vaping have the opposite effect? Since the ingredients in juice are humectants, they pull moisture out of the environment they are in, so vaping actually DEhumidifies your lungs. ;)

10. LucentShadow

LucentShadow Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    I can't speak much of PG vapor, other than it dehydrates me horribly, among other effects.

My VG juices, however, seem to have a bit of an expectorant effect on me. Some people report that VG seems to 'make their lungs feel heavy', which could mean that it tends to collect in them, and not readily absorb. I've got little understanding of what happens to it after you inhale it, though.

I don't think that there is much information on the subject, other than anecdotal, and my observations are that when I vape VG liquids heavily, it causes a productive cough occasionally. Not much, when I vape normally.

11. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    When I used to come down with bronchitis I would boil water, take it off the fire, drip eucalyptus oil in the water, put a towel over my head and the pot and breath. Kind of the same thing. Plus it deodorizes your house and improves your skin.

12. Susaz

Not really. If you keep a 30% PG/ 70% VG it might happen. PG is an alcohol, EXTREMELY dehidrating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.