Wilton Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
OK
so this is all prettty new to me. My first order was for high nic liquid - bought the VG, some vanilla flavor and Wilton's raspberry candy flavoring.
Raspberry from Wiltons is AWFUL - finally tried a drop on my finger and it's nothing even similar to anything raspberry.

The preflavored liquids are bland at best - with little flavor and almost can't tell the chocolate from the banana or strawberry - except by the faint difference in smell.

Had planned to dilute with the VG - but over the counter flavors are so yuuuuuukkkkk and the flavored niq liq so bland...... I know there's got to be a way to do this and get the nic level down and flavor up.
Suggestions are much appreciated - I know I want to do this - and would like to actually experience what I keep reading about with the flavors.

Is there a way to 'sweeten' them a bit?
Thanks - NoSmokeKat

I dislike VG and find that it'll pretty much kill any flavor if you add too much. I try to keep it at no more than 20%. Try LorAnn flavorings (you want the water soluable ones, most pharmacies carry LorAnn but they're usually behind the counter so you have to ask. They're more concentrated than Wiltons.

I do sympathize with the flavor issues though. I just mixed up a batch of Mint Chocolate Chip using LorAnn flavoring and I can't even taste the chocolate. And that's with unflavored juice as a base! I think some flavors come through better than others...

Check out the Strength-O-Meter thread for suggestions.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Thanks for the tips - I'll check the SOM thread...
and you're on the same wavelength...
I would have tried the mint choc chip (to go with my choc and the mint that's on it's way)
Now I think I'll pass on that one.

If you're a menthol gal, you should pick up the menthol drops from JuicyLiquid....I use them in everything.....:)

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
Haven't smoked menthol in years - I switched to natural 'roll your own' about 4 yrs ago.
I do like mint and until the roll your was always menthol smoker.
I ordered a 5 variety pack including menthol, tobacco, Watermelon, RY4 or whatever that is and 'Marlboro'
I figure even if I'm not thrilled with one - what I've been vaping this last week is not awesome anyway - and I'll have something to work with.

Have to start reading more recipes :) and find out what retail flavors 'should' go with what.

(have my last analog in front of me ..... after a week of vaping I'm down to about 3-4 a day - and NOT going to buy more)

ensom

Jun 10, 2009
Hello!

This is my first time posting in this forum. I happen to have the Wilton Clear Butter Flavor, and went searching to see if this was OK to vape and found this topic. I sent an email to Wilton with no response. So I decided to try again.

I wrote:
This is my second email attempt with this question.

I hear that the (Clear Butter Flavor 604-2040) and ( No-Color Butter Flavor 604-20670) is really good but was wondering if it contains diacetyl?

This is very important, thank you for your time.

They responded within 24 hours with :

Thank you for your email and patience. There is no diacetyl in either of the products.

I hope this helps and if we can be of any further assistance please contact us.

So I guess its OK stuff to vape then???? I am totally new to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread