Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
It's a pain in the .... isn't it :rolleyes:

I had a bit of a fob off experience with Bickfords too but that's for another thread.

Meanwhile, there is nothing to say there isn't diacetyl in Wilton flavours.

I never did get an answer back from Wiltons. I may write them again. Meanwhile, I am not using the butter (one of my faves!) but the Lorann butter flavor says the same as the Wiltons....PG and artificial flavors. So that's no good either? And how about butter rum and vanilla butternut....artificial flavors too. Could they contain some butter flavoring and therefore diacetyl?

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Is it just the Butter and Buttery flavors that are in question or is it all of the Wilton flavors?

Well it started out as Wiltons butter because of the diacetyl but if that's the case, Lorann has butter flavors too that we should also find out about. I mean, if their butter says artificial flavors but doesn't contain diacetyl, then the Wiltons could be safe too.

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I want flavor with no oil. What now? lol I have plain glycerin and I think that the only other flavor Michael's had was vanilla or maybe butter. It was a month ago, I can't remember. My WalMart had none. I don't want to use LorAnn's if there is a risk.

There are a lot of Loranns that don't have oil in them and should be safe Queen. This started out because I was vaping the Wiltons butter and was told it could have diacetyl in it. The ingredients said PG and artificial flavors like most of the mixers do. So I don't know...I tried to contact Wiltons with no answer yet. Then Kate contacted Lorann and was told theirs didn't have diacetyl....so it's possible the Wiltons doesn't either. We'll see. It was a great vape mixed with RY4 though!

Lu

Hardpack

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
Reno, Nev.
Yesterday I found a 2oz.bottle of Glycerin at Michael's for $2.33. Also 2oz.butter flavor at WalMart $1.88. Will wait for the butter verdict before trying. Today I ordered VG from Swanson Vitamins. $5.75 for 16oz. If you register they will give you a $5.00 off coupon for your first purchase. It pays for shipping. I've been using them for years. Can't beat their prices.
I guess I'm not a senior enough member to post URL's. Just go to Swanson and search Glycerine.

ROB26

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2009
Fort Worth TX
So I just bought my first bottle of Wilton's Glycerine and started concocting my own potions....So far so good!

So far I've combined the following...

Glycerine, Coffee, Cappuccino and LorAnn English Toffee (pretty tasty!)
and
Glycerine, Coffee, Orange and LorAnn English Toffee...good as well!

I feel I might have stumbled onto a new addiction...lol...trying new flavor combos!

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Hey Lu - did you email Wilton? Any response if you did? I'll try getting in touch with them also.

Any updates on this? I added four drops of the Creme De Menthe to maybe 30ml of juice and it's pretty tasty. The CDM doesn't say anything about artificial flavoring: Creme De Menthe: Vegetable Oil, Peppermint Oil, Spearmint Oil....Hope the oil doesn't kill my atty.

tokrjokr

Apr 13, 2009
OH and I truly seem to enjoy the dripping method. I know it's probably a bit on the dangerous side as far as killing atomizers, LOL but there's just something so familiar about having to do something every 20 puffs or so to "restart" the process.... Ya'll know what I mean I am sure... (lighter... cough cough LOL)

Hi Barbcast! I've been watching your videos and love them. You are so inspiring. I just got my Janty Passthrh and atomizer. I'm not understanding the cartridge refill ...I have done the drop on the atmz and get good hit but then why do I not get the flavor when I fill the cartridge? What am I doing wrong here? I don't understand why I can't just drip into the cart batting and get the flavor. I'm not used to these carts as my first ecig is from Green Smoke which I actually enjoy but for having to recharge the bat all the time.

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
OK
so this is all prettty new to me. My first order was for high nic liquid - bought the VG, some vanilla flavor and Wilton's raspberry candy flavoring.
Raspberry from Wiltons is AWFUL - finally tried a drop on my finger and it's nothing even similar to anything raspberry.

The preflavored liquids are bland at best - with little flavor and almost can't tell the chocolate from the banana or strawberry - except by the faint difference in smell.

Had planned to dilute with the VG - but over the counter flavors are so yuuuuuukkkkk and the flavored niq liq so bland...... I know there's got to be a way to do this and get the nic level down and flavor up.
Suggestions are much appreciated - I know I want to do this - and would like to actually experience what I keep reading about with the flavors.

Is there a way to 'sweeten' them a bit?
Thanks - NoSmokeKat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread