The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

wind up torch dyno to wind up vape on the go mod

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by Brynn, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Brynn

Brynn Full Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Australia
    Elo everyone, just got a cheap little wind up dynamo torch a little smaller than a pack of cigarettes am thinking if i change the switch to a momentary button and swap the led lights for a 510 thread i might have a small win. Got to pop it open and meter it yet but I'm pretty keen on starting this little project and sharing the results here pending interest and if i can get the right help as i don't know a whole lot about about the electronics i may need (probably just a resistor) like a burn protection circuit to cut out after 5 seconds or something like that. looks exactly like the one pictured here...

Attached Files:

2. ThunderHammer

ThunderHammer Full Member Verified Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Carberry, MB Canada
    Great Idea! Use one of these. Just wire it to the battery leads.
    eGo electronics set

Hmmm. I have one of these "torches" somewhere.......... But cranking might take a while. I'm ordering parts to do the solar charger mod. Search it on YouTube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.