Wire recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Hi all,

I've been building exclusively on Kanthal for the last year. But my new mod (60 w dicodes 6 box) has TC capabilities and I would like to experiment.

I am about to press the button on a Snapdragon dripper, and want to order some wire at the same time to save on shipping to Australia.

I am familiar with the gauges on Kanthal, and mainly use 28 sometimes 26 but not sure how they relate to SS, Ti, Ni etc

What I am really hoping for is to get a few rolls to try out, but the choices seem endless. Can anyone recommend me 3 wire types and gauges for a beginner in this area??

My apologies if this sort of question has been done to death, and I will do further research on the forums as time permits :)

Many thanks

Reactions: Chuck64

APathos

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2016
CA USA
github.com
I had been using spaced ni200 28g, 3mm id with a 0.15ohm target (no issues); but am currently doing spaced ss316l 28g, 3mm id with a ~0.8ohm target and liking the ss. My coil tonight hit 1ohm, must have counted wraps wrong. :) but I'm really not that picky for TC; personally I think it's one of the benefits of TC for the lazy like me; About right is good enough. Let the DNA75 and TC do it's thing.

Benefit with the ss316l is it can also be used in my non tc regulated mods. I have some ss316l 24g to build to ~0.3ohm or dual to ~0.15 for TC, but haven't even bothered yet.

I would say to definitely try some ss316l out. I'm sure you can figure out the gauge you want with the steam-engine coil wrap calculator and your build/space requirements.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I had been using spaced ni200 28g, 3mm id with a 0.15ohm target (no issues); but am currently doing spaced ss316l 28g, 3mm id with a ~0.8ohm target and liking the ss. My coil tonight hit 1ohm, must have counted wraps wrong. :) but I'm really not that picky for TC; personally I think it's one of the benefits of TC for the lazy like me; About right is good enough. Let the DNA75 and TC do it's thing.

Benefit with the ss316l is it can also be used in my non tc regulated mods. I have some ss316l 24g to build to ~0.3ohm or dual to ~0.15 for TC, but haven't even bothered yet.

I would say to definitely try some ss316l out. I'm sure you can figure out the gauge you want with the steam-engine coil wrap calculator and your build/space requirements.

Excellent many thanks APathos :)

Reactions: Chuck64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread