Wismec noisey cricket 2-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
You try looking at the top connector pin, it may have been pushed down and recessed to far to contact the tank/atomizer bottom pin. You can try prying it up gently with a paper clip, tooth pick, small jewelers screw driver. After that it will probably be in the wiring connections internally. Just guesses, troubleshooting a mod is like troubleshooting a computer over an internet forum/chat.

Reactions: Pauld9

Pauld9

May 15, 2016
Philadelphia,Pa
You try looking at the top connector pin, it may have been pushed down and recessed to far to contact the tank/atomizer bottom pin. You can try prying it up gently with a paper clip, tooth pick, small jewelers screw driver. After that it will probably be in the wiring connections internally. Just guesses, troubleshooting a mod is like troubleshooting a computer over an internet forum/chat.
Thanks for the help but after all else i gave it a good couple smacks and it's working again. Lol

Pauld9

May 15, 2016
Philadelphia,Pa
I think the problem is in the tray.

Pauld9

May 15, 2016
Philadelphia,Pa
What batteries are you using?
Name brand & any letters & numbers on them.
18650 2500mAh 3.7V They're from a very reputable vape shop near Philly but do you think i may have worn them out by just rotating 4 of them constantly for 3 months? The blinking light is a low voltage warning indication on the noisey cricket 2

Pauld9

May 15, 2016
Philadelphia,Pa
The light is supposed to blink increasingly as the batteries drain. Is it blinking constantly and at what rate? What batteries are you using and how old are they? Have you cleaned and checked all the contacts?
3 month old constantly used rotating 2 sets 2500mAh 3.7V with neutron and or troll rda dual twisted 26g kanthal well within ohm specs. It blinks 40 times quickly.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
18650 2500mAh 3.7V They're from a very reputable vape shop near Philly but do you think i may have worn them out by just rotating 4 of them constantly for 3 months? The blinking light is a low voltage warning indication on the noisey cricket 2

You didn't fully answer the question, name brand?
Color of wrap?
Are you reading the info from the shipping sticker stuck on the wrap or numbers letters on / underneath wrap?
If shipping label, peel it off, then post up the actual letters / numbers on the battery.

Not trying to sound rude, mean or harsh,
kinda difficult to believe you're using that power device without knowing exactly which cells you're using.

Reactions: IMFire3605

Pauld9

May 15, 2016
Philadelphia,Pa
You didn't fully answer the question, name brand?
Color of wrap?
Are you reading the info from the shipping sticker stuck on the wrap or numbers letters on / underneath wrap?
If shipping label, peel it off, then post up the actual letters / numbers on the battery.

Not trying to sound rude, mean or harsh,
kinda difficult to believe you're using that power device without knowing exactly which cells you're using.
I appreciate the reply. I'm not that knowledgeable on what the batteries can exactly push but i did inform the pro that i would need high drain for the noisey cricket 2 and he sold me plain jane red wrapped 18650s with no name brand. I have a efest luc charger that performs perfectly. Married batteries. Clean connections. I think I'm just rough on equipment. My xcube2 lasted 10 months. Kbox 200. 5 months. Innoken itaste 1.5 years. So i guess ya get what ya pay for. This unit [noisey cricket 2] came from China for $22

Pauld9

May 15, 2016
Philadelphia,Pa
I appreciate the reply. I'm not that knowledgeable on what the batteries can exactly push but i did inform the pro that i would need high drain for the noisey cricket 2 and he sold me plain jane red wrapped 18650s with no name brand. I have a efest luc charger that performs perfectly. Married batteries. Clean connections. I think I'm just rough on equipment. My xcube2 lasted 10 months. Kbox 200. 5 months. Innoken itaste 1.5 years. So i guess ya get what ya pay for. This unit [noisey cricket 2] came from China for $22
I'm on the road so i don't have proper equipment to check but my kbox mini reads one of them pushing 5.5v 0.8 ohm on pass-through series config. Netron

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If there are no letters & numbers to identify the batteries, stop using the device, & go buy a lotto ticket.

I wouldn't press the fire button even one more time until you have quality name brand cells with a suffeciant CDR to support the amp load safely.

Never under any circumstance should you use unknown cells for vaping, never ever, not once.

This vape shop did you a disservice,
quite possibly a dangerous one.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
3 month old constantly used rotating 2 sets 2500mAh 3.7V with neutron and or troll rda dual twisted 26g kanthal well within ohm specs. It blinks 40 times quickly.

Well, not much info there to figure if it is the batteries the problem or not, and just red wrapped 2500mah 3.7v is not much info, 3.7v is the nominal/median voltage of any 18650 Li-Ion battery, they range in voltage of 3.0v lowest discharge they should be discharged to, and 4.2v is the fully charged voltage. The voltage you are reading from your Kbox mini is what is called boosted voltage, there is a special circuit in that Kbox that will increase the voltage signal to the coils when the watts are to much higher than what the battery natural charge state is capable of, and it uses raw amps it converts into those extra volts. Below is a list /w pictures of the batteries most suggested for vaping, tested and verified by our resident battery tester, and IRL has tested batteries for a very long time outside of vaping.

img_4813-jpg.643937

The most highly suggested brands for 18650 batteries is LG, Samsung, and Sony, these are the prime manufacturers, and the authentic ones we suggest from this above list are all A Bin Authentic batteries, manufacturer direct if you buy from such vendors as (US/Can/Mex) Liionwholesale.com, illumn.com, imrbatteries.com, orbtronic.com, RTDVapor.com, (UK/EU) fogstar.co.uk, batteriesplus.co.uk, eu.nkon.nl (Netherlands). If the brand you have has a different name, and heaven forbid if there is an actual amp rating on the plastic shrink wrapper, don't trust that re-wrapped re-branded battery the big 3 didn't want to sell with their own name brand behind it.

Some Battery Info I've compiled
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/batteries-another-safety-guide.7515
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...hats-the-deal-of-these-different-configs.7517

Mooch's Blog
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/mooch.256958

Baditude's Blog (very good primer information to read over)
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude.88498/

Pauld9

May 15, 2016
Philadelphia,Pa
Well, not much info there to figure if it is the batteries the problem or not, and just red wrapped 2500mah 3.7v is not much info, 3.7v is the nominal/median voltage of any 18650 Li-Ion battery, they range in voltage of 3.0v lowest discharge they should be discharged to, and 4.2v is the fully charged voltage. The voltage you are reading from your Kbox mini is what is called boosted voltage, there is a special circuit in that Kbox that will increase the voltage signal to the coils when the watts are to much higher than what the battery natural charge state is capable of, and it uses raw amps it converts into those extra volts. Below is a list /w pictures of the batteries most suggested for vaping, tested and verified by our resident battery tester, and IRL has tested batteries for a very long time outside of vaping.

img_4813-jpg.643937

The most highly suggested brands for 18650 batteries is LG, Samsung, and Sony, these are the prime manufacturers, and the authentic ones we suggest from this above list are all A Bin Authentic batteries, manufacturer direct if you buy from such vendors as (US/Can/Mex) Liionwholesale.com, illumn.com, imrbatteries.com, orbtronic.com, RTDVapor.com, (UK/EU) fogstar.co.uk, batteriesplus.co.uk, eu.nkon.nl (Netherlands). If the brand you have has a different name, and heaven forbid if there is an actual amp rating on the plastic shrink wrapper, don't trust that re-wrapped re-branded battery the big 3 didn't want to sell with their own name brand behind it.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/batteries-another-safety-guide.7515
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...hats-the-deal-of-these-different-configs.7517

Mooch's Blog

Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Thanks a lot for the info. I've learned a valuable lesson and have lost respect for this vendor who would be so bold to let me leave his store with inferior product knowing full well what i was putting them in. I've done some research in the past with battery mooch and such while knowing that we really don't know exactly what these batteries are until they are tested individually. I'll be less trusting from now on. Thanks again.

Reactions: sonicbomb

Pauld9

May 15, 2016
Philadelphia,Pa

img_4813-jpg.643937

Mooch's Blog

Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Upon further inspection after peeling off the generic 18650 sticker in very fine print states that this battery is meant for battery pack integration and not to be sold and or used for e-cigarettes. Hmm? Now I'm a lil ...... off. I mean, they stil could be good, safe batteries but this is dirty pool in my book. I'll do my due diligence henceforth. Thanks again.

Reactions: djsvapour

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio

Wow! I think I would give the pro that sold you those batteries a piece of my mind! He could have caused you serious bodily injury.

Reactions: Pauld9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread