Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
OK has anyone else noticed wizard labs keeps changing their bottles? 4oz mainly I'm referencing.
Say 2015 most came in the translucent plastic. Then last year most of my flavors were in glass.
Well I just got another order in the mail and they are back to plastic. This time tall slender clear plastic.
Really messing with my ocd flavor organization.
I thought most were going glass.
Are they just messing with me?
20170109_175351.jpg

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I don't know about the different bottles but I did find a hair in my vg the other day!

I'd call them and let them know about the hair. There should be a Batch # on your bottle of the VG, that they'll want to get from you. Can you retrieve it from your trashcan?

That's very unusual for a hair to be found in anything from WL. That place is 1 of the cleanest, most strictly controlled places I'm aware of. Neighbor goes over there frequently (for the vape shop he works for) to pick up drums of VG, PG, Nic, flavorings, etc. He's been all through the parts of their facility where everyday people are allowed, and has looked through glass windows where the actual liquids are bottled, etc. Said you could literally eat off their floors if you wanted to and everyone involved with the products is in lab type gear, hair coverings, etc. An ECF member has also been on a tour with the owner through it, too. She said the same thing about it.

I'm sure they'd want to hear directly from you. Their customer service is extremely friendly and helpful. They'll make it more than right for you, too, IMO.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
OK has anyone else noticed wizard labs keeps changing their bottles? 4oz mainly I'm referencing.
Say 2015 most came in the translucent plastic. Then last year most of my flavors were in glass.
Well I just got another order in the mail and they are back to plastic. This time tall slender clear plastic.
Really messing with my ocd flavor organization.
I thought most were going glass.
Are they just messing with me? View attachment 627155

I posted this somewhere in another thread when I got the notice below, I understand why they are doing it, but I want my flavors in glass, I have been re-bottling mine. :|

KAS

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
just curious - If you had to make sure it wasn't yours...does that mean you'd already used some VG from the bottle...before you noticed the hair in it? Otherwise, if you saw it when you first opened it, how could it possibly be yours?

It was at the bottom of the bottle, which had gone directly to my woman's cave from the package. I have blond hair and it was a short black hair

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I posted this somewhere in another thread when I got the notice below, I understand why they are doing it, but I want my flavors in glass, I have been re-bottling mine. :|

KAS
I'm with you but unfortunately don't have enough glass currently.
Isn't there some school of thought that the plastic leaches air, speeding oxidation/aging or the like? Did I imagine that lol. Would pet leach? I understand uncapping but say an extra bottle of flavoring while using one.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I'm with you but unfortunately don't have enough glass currently.
Isn't there some school of thought that the plastic leaches air, speeding oxidation/aging or the like? Did I imagine that lol. Would pet leach? I understand uncapping but say an extra bottle of flavoring while using one.

I have read both opinions on plastic leaching, some people say plastic is fine, others say it is not. One thing that almost everyone agree's on, is that glass is better. I just am going to play it safe and transfer them to glass. I am no plastic expert, so I don't really know how long PET would last, I would think that it is best choice in plastics to use though. I have been ordering bottles as needed, each time I have needed to. It is a bit of a pain, but I think it is worth it, at least for me anyway. :|

KAS

Last edited:

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I don't know about the different bottles but I did find a hair in my vg the other day! This is the most recent bottle I got from them
5c33c99ab32f02aff2680143869b4860.jpg

ChelsB It is possible all of your products from Wizard Labs are contaminated. I suggest you send them all to me for proper disposal.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Here's a very handy reference page on the types of plastics, their Resin Codes (the number inside the little triangle on the bottom of them, that's also used for recycling sorting), best types to use for certain things, etc.

Plastic Bottles: Are They Safe & What Do The Numbers Mean?

If you want to be certain the plastic bottles you're using don't leach into the contents...use a #2 (HDPE), a #4 (LDPE), or a #5 (PP) bottle. Those are the only ones I'll use for my smaller working bottles of PG and VG, as well as the eliquids I make. My nic base is all transferred into glass for freezer storage. Reordered flavorings that come in any of the above bottles are transferred into the glass ones I have for them already. Any extra that won't fit just gets used up first when I need it. If it's a new flavoring and/or it comes in other plastics though, I transfer it into glass ASAP.

Personally, my thinking is - I'm vaping because it's much healthier than smoking. So I want to use the containers for vaping liquids that are also the healthier alternatives. I figured it only costs me a few pennies more to make sure I use only #2, #4, and #5 bottles, and glass ones.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I just got a fairly large order from WL yesterday. Sample, 1oz and 4oz sizes. It arrived in a random mixture of glass and plastic. Guess they're still working on the changeover.

There was a comment in that plastic bottle memo about the new 1oz bottles being wider and shorter. Actually I got some 1oz glass bottles in my latest order. Some were the same diameter as previous 1oz glass bottles, but 1/2" shorter. Some were the larger size. I think there were some plastic ones in there too.

I get all my stuff from WL and they are such a great vendor that I'm not going to worry about it. Let them get their new bottling method sorted out and see how it goes. I'll probably transfer it all into glass when I get around to ordering some more glass bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread