Not open for further replies.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
OK, I haven't done much DIY stuff.

I'm looking at ordering 2 bottles of 12mg nicotine solution from Wizard Labs. One in 100% PG and one in 100% VG. Aside from flavors do I need to add anything else to this to vape it or can I just mix the two for a 50/50 blend, add flavoring and go for it? Or possibly vape it unflavored even........

http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=520

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
If you mix the 2 solutions equally, and add flavorings (for example a 20% recipe) you'll end up with closer to 60pg/40vg or 70 PG/30vg "As most flavorings come in PG base". If you're using syringes I would suggest getting 100 mg nic in a pg or vg base (pg is thinner and easier to work with). If you go this route with the nic in pg , you'll use more VG in the mix than pg.

If you mix the 2 equally you'll have a 50/50 pg/vg 12mg "Unflavored" juice. Adding any flavor to this mix will screw the pg/vg ratio by the percentage of the flavorings.

If you do go the route of the 100 mg nic in a base, use a juice calculator like one of these :
http://ejuice.breaktru.com/ <--download I use
http://ecigvape.com/pgvg_calculator.php <---online

They will do all the math for you and make it safer to use the nicotine of your choice.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
If you mix the 2 equally you'll have a 50/50 pg/vg 12mg "Unflavored" juice. Adding any flavor to this mix will screw the pg/vg ratio by the percentage of the flavorings.
OK, so if I left it unflavored, I would still have a vapable 50/50 PG/VG, correct?
I'm actually looking to move to unflavored and maybe add a few drops of flavor whenever I feel like them.
This seems like about the least expensive and safest way to go about it. (If this stuff is actually vapable on it's own.)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
OK, so if I left it unflavored, I would still have a vapable 50/50 PG/VG, correct?
I'm actually looking to move to unflavored and maybe add a few drops of flavor whenever I feel like them.
This seems like about the least expensive and safest way to go about it. (If this stuff is actually vapable on it's own.)
Unflavored you would have 50/50 12 mg nic juice. It's quite common to vape unflavored. The rule of thumb is to NOT make a large batch to start, small batches only. That way if something doesn't work out you haven't wasted much. The problem, is if you add more than a drop or two of flavoring you start to screw with the pg/vg ratio, and also cuts down on the nic. It's why 99% or more of the DIY'rs buy nic separate, as well as the pg and vg.

Reactions: WillieB69

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
So 24mg nic in the PG and then just the plain VG with no nic to cut it to 12mg?

That would do it. BUT...If you have a tractor supply store close you can get a gallon of USP PG for $25, and Walmart and some drug stores will carry USP VG in the first aid, hair products, or skin lotions section (usually 6 ounces for 4 bucks).

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
The rule of thumb is to NOT make a large batch to start, small batches only. That way if something doesn't work out you haven't wasted much.
Now I'm quite curious as to what might go wrong just mixing two bottles of unflavored nic juice. :blink:

Reactions: Rossum

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
That would do it. BUT...If you have a tractor supply store close you can get a gallon of USP PG for $25, and Walmart and some drug stores will carry USP VG in the first aid, hair products, or skin lotions section (usually 6 ounces for 4 bucks).
But then I'd have to measure out the nicotine separately since neither of those have it.
That's the part that makes me nervous.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Not much can go wrong. You might also check out http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/e-liquid-bases/nicotine-bases.html and you can get it here mixed in different ratios with different nic's.

The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
But then I'd have to measure out the nicotine separately since neither of those have it.
That's the part that makes me nervous.
At ecig you can get 12 mg nic in a 70vg/30pg base OR a 50/50 base 120 ml UNFLAVORED is only 6.39 (look for a coupon at the top of every ECF page)

If you get the 70VG/30PG and add flavorings to it you'll still stay under the 50/50 mix as the flavoring ups the pg content.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
At ecig you can get 12 mg nic in a 70vg/30pg base OR a 50/50 base 120 ml UNFLAVORED is only 6.39 (look for a coupon at the top of every ECF page)

If you get the 70VG/30PG and add flavorings to it you'll still stay under the 50/50 mix as the flavoring ups the pg content.
Many thanks. :thumb:

t man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2010
vermont

I have been vaping wizzard labs unflavored for awhile, it is definitely vapable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread