Woe, is me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Noname

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Monterey, California
So I've received a sample order of juice, four juices in all, and the day I pull them from the mail, I realize that I'm coming down with a flu. So my sense of smell and taste are all kinds of off, I haven't tried any of the juices. It's been three days now. This sucks. How do I pass the time to taste this juice? I can't even rebuild any of my atty's cause I won't be able to tell if they're done right. What do you guys do when you're sick?

candik

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Central, New Jersey
Dang! I'm sorry you're sick in beautiful Monterey! I lived there for about a year and loved it! Do what you do when you're sick any other time. Get lots of rest, hydrate, clear liquids and wait it out. Flu has to run it's course in it's own time. If you have unflavored juice or juice you don't like, I'd do that just in case you get sick. It'll lessen the chance of guilt by association. (Ever get sick, eat something and get really sick? Not because of what you ate but because you were already sick and then you don't want to eat that anymore cause last time it went down it also came up?) Yep, guilt by association...

Feel better soon!

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Agreed. When an upper respiratory illness throws the "off" switch on your sense of taste/smell, then it's time to vape up all the "what was I thinking?" flavors sitting in the bottom of your e-liquid drawer.

The only problem I've found with this strategy is that I don't get sick nearly as much as I did when I smoked. In two years and four months, I've only had two cases of flu (yes, I get the flu shot every year, but these were late-season influenzas against which the vaccination did no good) and no colds. So I've quite a few bottles of "what was I thinking?" lying around unvaped.

Last edited:

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
came down with the change of season cold yesterday. over 18 hours in and out of bed. in the old days i would have smoked the stinkers all day. i have taken about 5 puffs total on my PV in over 18 hours. sucks having a cold. awesome i am no longer addicted to the point that i have to puff no matter how bad i feel. and i notice i am not missing the PV at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread