Can vaping make me sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moodylover

Dec 4, 2017
Hey guys.

I’m new here and wanted to say hello. I’ve been getting sick (cold and flu symptoms) since I started vaping about 2 months ago. Now I have laryngitis.

A little background - I also got back into recovery from alcoholism and drug addiction. Just celebrated 90 days - yay God! I wanted to quit nicotine, but stopping all three was hard so I moved over to vaping. I love it. I use a 6mg nic strength juice with a .2 ohm at around 65 Watts. I hope I’m saying that right.

Thing is, while I’m living with my parents and getting my .... together, they think the vaping is causing me to get sick. I think it’s just because of the damage I did to my body with the dope and alcohol and my body is healing. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
No drugs or alcohol for me, but I smoked for over 42 years, and I swear, the first 8 or 9 months after I quit smoking and started vaping, I was sick more than I wasn't. I ALWAYS had some crap going on, but I think it was just all the gunk and toxins and stuff clearing out, because once I was finally over all that, I've been fine ever since. And I FEEL a thousand percent better than I ever did when I smoked. So maybe that's what's happening with you. I stuck with the vaping and didn't backslide because I'd read about the "cleaning out" process beforehand, and just figured I'd tough it out. I'm glad I did. :)

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I stopped smoking in june of this year, since then i've never been sick not once and i'm a pretty active guy.
Only way for me to get sick is whenever i get dry/burnt hits those are disgusting enough to almost make me barf lolz

On another note: Welcome to ecf :)

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
If you were a smoker, it is possible that you will get the "Quits" ( all types of strange things happen when you get off cigarettes ) and that may make you feel sick.
The 6mg nic on a .2 coil can also be making you Nic sick, same as when you started smoking. Too much nicotine = headaches, nausea, flushed skin, jitters, confusion and vomiting among a few other symptoms.

Unless you are allergic to one of the ingredients in your eliquid, there really isn't anything to be sick from (This is also assuming you have an eliquid that is made properly).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I found out I was sensitive to PG once I switched to vaping fully, and it gave me many of the symptoms you are describing. You may want to try lowering or eliminating it (you can use Distilled water at up to 10% to thin max VG and still get a good vape).

With that also said, I was in the throes of quitting, and had been very sick for a long time. I did find switching to all VG made a difference, but it is equally possible that you are just going through quitting detox. However, even with that said, I did notice an immediate improvement removing PG, although for you it could be any part of vaping-- some folks have trouble with too much VG, not PG, or certain flavors. I would suggest varying your vapes but also visiting your doc to rule out any illness or infections.

Anna

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Well there's sick.

Then there's totally sick dude !
g06F5jVjOgEm1EXU7fN6tWDDQmWp7i7zpClLQQgpb4G6DPBX_3uKMZzd42wr_UAApG7ofTsx4F7HTlrNyY6Q9iDhHMU0U40eYxKe_tx0lSOuyFpRIGQqgTpgpNfwBqlH3WT08pDVVbFRn3VuOUw3QbCY7rAzvDujZ0ip05_plF-mXLDW8DLsjd4-DZmNzn--vkKWckg-yEURDD22NCvHlTjFtN21J6OJCyKLxt3YqR43P6g6qxi2wf5qC8rWke2dW-Mad7AkfQbwbPN2Jn6xG0-HpDh_peqsUvTUeTwDB_laFFzE00q7R2_mmWAxLokMp4-u_gkUYlyd7bVkh7fIzTl3lc_e2kQodQ-H6IahwG1x1huSJ7LDyhFD5N2GAP6Tj1WnJ0zwKEW6eUL4gZ1pCsWmbZDaEEHarapsmbn7v2hp1Uu3pyKeQXyX6JyO5aDYvpjyFFbKGQVvevYelE1d6eP8KFpYhkWrOacWr0wzp4lwwiPgtxTDnzlxts_CFoCpZmVffbRq-4VkGNjhbZE0CTlLiMqQKl4VupUjoa_n04vaz0ulku7EnQ80Geb6S7c1kUeoP10M-Lgm4_K_VWTcYykA7Xd4PXZVrYW1VL3u=w511-h683-no

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Your body is going through some major changes with all those substances and cigarettes to transition off on. You don't have your age, but knowing how many packs you smoked a day for how long would help figure out what's happening. The effects of any other medicines your taking for your other substances also help.

That means for real, follow up with your doctor. It's impossible to give medical information in a public forum. However, assuming nothing is really going on, it might be just how when you first stop smoking, and your lungs start to function a bit better, a lot of crap gets cleared out and coughing and whatnot is not unusual. Just get it checked out before just assuming that.

And congrats on the 90 days!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
A couple things - first and foremost, I agree with @Eskie ... whenever your not feeling good, and seeing everything your coming off of, do see a doctor. .

There is a thing as already mentioned called quitters flu. This is flu like symptoms you get coming off of the nicotine and other chemicals in cigarettes.

However, too much nicotine, as already mentioned, gives you nausea and headaches.

You have to determine if your just going through the quitters flu, or if your getting too much nicotine.

That said, quitters flu happens with withdrawals of many things you can be addicted to - alcohol and drugs as well.

So... with your body still detoxing, you might just be experiencing withdrawals from several things and this could be why it seems more severe. However, your doctor should be treating you and your situation, and will have a good handle on what your likely experiencing.

So, talk to your doctor... rule out what needs ruled out and go from there.. :)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
First of all, congratulations on your recovery effort.

As others have mentioned, you should see a doctor about your flu-like symptoms, especially if they persist or get worse. In the very unlikely event that you have a previously unknown adversity to PG, VG or flavoring, your physician will want to hear about your symptoms. There's also the possibility that what you're experiencing is totally unrelated to vaping. Only your doctor can tell you what's going on.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I was sick when I started too. I think everybody is, at least a little. I don't know, but I think it's withdrawal from all the other nasties in cigarettes other than nicotine. That's just a guess, though. Stick with it, it goes away after a while.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys.
I’m new here and wanted to say hello. I’ve been getting sick (cold and flu symptoms) since I started vaping about 2 months ago. Now I have laryngitis.
A little background - I also got back into recovery from alcoholism and drug addiction. Just celebrated 90 days - yay God! I wanted to quit nicotine, but stopping all three was hard so I moved over to vaping. I love it. I use a 6mg nic strength juice with a .2 ohm at around 65 Watts. I hope I’m saying that right.
Thing is, while I’m living with my parents and getting my .... together, they think the vaping is causing me to get sick. I think it’s just because of the damage I did to my body with the dope and alcohol and my body is healing. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have provided some health information regarding tobacco withdrawal problems which might help.
Might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...g-tobacco-and-changing-to-an-ecigarette.3305/
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/07-08/symptoms.aspx
http://www.vapewild.com/the-wild-blogger/vapewild-test-results/

When I do stoopid things like this trying to be cool on instagram and I get sick as a dog! lol. I can certainly say that vaping too much is not okay, that Titanfall helmet one I must have gone through 3 or 4 tanks within like 1/2 hour trying to be an egg, and afterwards I felt like hurling was a good option, headache, dizzy as hell, and just not good. Must have downed some serious water after that! So I don't know how these vape models and guru's do it that amount of takes you have to do to get your crazy little video squared and the amount of vape you must inhale can't be good!!!!

Otherwise, on a general day, I've never had problems. There must be a 'too much' factor though, for me it's definitely too much too soon.

Reactions: Fog n Vape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread