Wolverine 31mm (Russian 91% V3.0 Mega Clone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
The 31mm Wolverine's stock Airflow design didn't work well for me. I tried to build and re-build it "seven ways to Sunday" wasting half of spool of 26 Gauge and tons of Rayon wicks. The Vapor production was not that great and the flavor was a little muted, and the throat hit was a little too much. Like when you put your Dripper top cap and don't align airholes with your coils. So, I knew that I'm having an Airflow problem.
Then I gave up trying to make their Airflow design to work and made my own Airflow holes, much like it is made in a Fogger and Aqua.
So I drilled two new Airholes (one on each side) and sealed the old ones:

SM2JVUx.jpg

It made a World of difference! I've got a full flavor now and clouds of vapor much like I get from Big Buddha or Big Fogger.
I have it setup with 0.45 Ohms of 26 Gauge Kanthal and Rayon:

zqaILdX.jpg

The advantages over Big Buddha that I see are:

1. Top tool-less filling.
2. Protective Stainless Steel sleeve around the Glass tank.
3. Almost twice the liquid capacity.

Disadvantages:

1. Bad Airflow design (IMHO)
2. Press Fit (to SS Center Pin) Brass Positive Terminal rather than Threaded.
3. It is so dam huge and heavy!

SztiI0X.jpg

But, after drilling my own Airflow holes, I'm very satisfied with it. I'm going to make me a new Stainless Steel Positive Terminal that threads onto the Center Pin.
It looks perfect on my 26650 King Mod. Everything matches: The size, the color and the finish texture:

RYnbJ5b.jpg

And, like I said: It is huge:

FOnfuEv.jpg

EDIT: I also decided to modify that Press Fit Brass Center Pin with Threaded Stainless Steel one:
I made it a little bigger than the original so it actually holds that Ceramic Cup down and seals the unwanted Airflow with an O-Ring. I lowered the wire hole too.

5lJSCLj.jpg

Last edited:

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
My Wolverine 19 ml Tank evolution has come to the end. I think.
It's not leaking anymore and vaping great at 0.3 Ω, at 45 Watts, much like my drippers.

The picture below shows it's entire evolution process:
1. Original deck.
2. New Air Holes.
3. New SS Center Positive Post. (Instead of Brass)
4. Redesigned dual hole Positive Post.
5. Air Jets added to prevent flooding..
6. Raised up dual hole Positive Post.

3JVu987.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread