Worried about my charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

New123

Jun 17, 2019
hi I'm kind of new to vaping and I got a vape from a friend. The charger is dented around the centre of the bit you attach your vape to it. Should I get another one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 40

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
When in doubt...throw it out.

E-Cigarette Explosions: Comprehensive List
There have been 50 major incidents this year (2016) alone and that's just the ones which make the news. They also go on to say...
"It is interesting to note that the nature of e-cigarette explosions has changed over the years. The FEMA document cited above suggests that approximately 80 percent of e-cigarette explosions happen during charging. In addition, most e-cigarette explosions that occurred before early 2015 involved no reported injuries. However, people began to experience different types of e-cigarette explosions when sub-ohm vaping and mods with removable batteries became more popular. More than ever, e-cigarettes explode during use. Explosions resulting from people carrying spare batteries in their pockets are also far more common. Regardless of the circumstances, e-cigarette explosions are far more likely to cause injuries today than they were in the past.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The issue with ego chargers is not all chargers and batteries are created equal. The ego chargers and batteries had a nasty habit of having various kinds of internal electronics which are not marked. As a result a given charger may or may not work correctly on a given battery, and they have different communication systems which are all a series of blink pulses of a red LED. So they LOOK the same, but aren’t. Can get very confusing.

• Informative
Reactions: GOMuniEsq
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread