Worried about my heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worrier101

Sep 27, 2017
Hi, I'm 28. For close to 2 years I was a chain vaper and I was using 18mg liquid. I recently quit vaping because of worries about my health. I have been worried about the effect vaping may have had on my heart. For around 2 years, I'm embarrassed to say, I have been experiencing erectile dysfunction and I have attributed this to the narrowing of my arteries due to vaping. It's probably also worth mentioning that I have had severe mental health issues for around 2 years too, and as a result have been on numerous antidepressants and antipsychotics. I did notice that whilst I was on one particular antidepressant I had absolutely no interest in sex (and erectile dysfunction) and when I came off this particular medication things improved somewhat. Looking for some advice.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, more than one psych med can give you erectile problems, for sure.

The only advice I can give you is to go see a cardiologist for an echocardiogram and an EKG, that way you will know how your heart is doing. Smokers do get erectile D/F so it's possible the nic in vaping could do the same. But, I'm not a doctor, and if you are worrying, it seems to me the smart thing to do would be to go get your heart checked, etc. I had that done a few years ago as a smoker, and everything was normal. But, normal was good! So, that would be the best advice I can give you.

Anna

Reactions: Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread