Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

Today a new pod by Wotofo the Manik Mini, a pod specifically focused on MTL.

Thank you Antonio from Wotofo for sending me this kit.

Specifications:

Packaging:

· Manik Mini device x1
· User Manual x1
· Charging Cable x1
· M12 nexMESH Coil Replacement Pod x 1 (pre-installed)
· M11 Parallel Coil Replacement Pod x1

Review:

First impression is that it looks very similar to the smok nord 2, but in my opinion the Manik is designed in a better way. The leather panels on each side give it a nice feel. Manik branding is big but not disturbing at all as its kept in the same color. It feels properly made but still light-weight, metallic frame has a nicely coated layer of paint and after 3 weeks of use I have not got any visible scratches.

It has a small screen on one of the sides. Also, similar information as on the Nord 2 is displayed; puff-counter, resistance, wattage setting, voltage output and battery percentage. Everything essential is on there for a pod this size. I just wish the screen would have been a bit brighter, inside its fine, but outside it can be hard to read in some circumstances.

One tiny button it has positioned under the screen. For me it is a bit too small, could have been bigger. With this single button you are able to:
- 5 clicks turn off/on
- 3 clicks while on allows user to change wattage, 1 click while blinking is 1W up and at 30W it round-robins back to 5W
- Hold while on resets the puff-counter

Button cannot be used to vape, it is solely draw activation. Draw activation does work very well

The 1000mAh holds up well, no matter which pod you use, you will get 250+ puffs before it dies. It does not have USB-C, but it charges pretty fast, 45-50 minutes for a full charge, so actually a bit faster than the advertised 1 hour.

There is two pods included in the kit, one mesh and one parallel coil, both rated at 0.6ohm. It does not have replaceable coils, so you need to toss the whole pod away after its done.

3ML of capacity is enough. It is easy to see the liquid level as the pod is not too dark. Filling is done through a hole on the side, which is large enough and does not cause a mess while filling.

Pods click and connect strongly with the help of magnets. No issues with wiggling or the pod falling out on its own. I like the shape of the mouthpiece a lot, its a nice wide flattened out mouthpiece.

No airflow adjustment on this one, which is always a minus in my opinion. Both pods provide similar airflow which I would describe as semi-loose. It is getting close to tight, but for my personal preference it could have been tighter.

Both pods do vape very nicely, and it is hard to say which one provides better flavor, very similar. I prefer the parallel coil as it can be pushed up to 22W and therefor provides a warmer vape. Overall, very proper flavor and a nice throat-hit. You can use them for a restricted DTL vape, but I find these coils to be MTL.

No issues with wicking or keeping up with chain-vaping. From time to time I do however get a bit of gurgling action and rarely a 'wet' vape, meaning a minimal amount of liquid ends up in my mouth while taking a draw. Both coils have been going for a good 3 weeks (not as my only device though) and are still performing well.

Conclusion:

A nicely made pod that vapes very well, like both coils a lot and have had pretty much no issues with this pod whatsoever. I think this is not the type of pod for smokers, because I think the draw might be a bit too loose, but it’s a nice pod for those liking a looser, but flavorful MTL vape.

Downsides I have are the brightness of the screen, the airflow not being adjustable and the fact that you cannot replace the coil, but the whole pod needs to be replaced.

Kit itself is available for 35$ on the official Wotofo website>Manik Mini Pod Kit

Replacement pods (3 in one pack) cost around 15$ > Manik Mini Replacement Pod

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read, appreciate it.

Have a wonderful day,

Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread