Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks and welcome back for today's review of the MDURA Kit from Wotofo that was provided to me from HEALTHCABIN and can be purchased clicking on this link Wotofo MDura 200W Mod Kit With NexMINI Sub Ohm Tank Atomizer 3.5ml . The MDURA Kit is a very simple and easy one because of it having only 1 power mode ( WATTAGE ) with no need of a menu just a few button combinations for adjustments. The device houses a replaceable dual 18650 and has a wattage range of 5-200 watts and thankfully has the round robin feature because it's not the fastest scroller. Weight was kept down as well as thickness of the device and it contours the hand really well. Along with the MDURA device is a Sub tank called the NEXMINI Sub tank that has a very nice twist that I'll cover shortly. Now that you know a little bit on this kit lets check it out shall we.

OVERVIEW

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_component.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

authentic-wotofo-mdura-200w-mod-kit-with-nexmini-sub-ohm-tank-atomizer-red-vw-5200w-2-x-18650-35ml.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE KIT

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_package.jpg

FULL MDURA KIT PARAMETERS

* Brand Wotofo

* Product Name MDura Kit

* Mod Dimensions 82mm*52mm*26mm

* Display 0.96" TFT screen

* Battery Type Dual 18650 batteries (not included)

* Resistance Range 0.1ohm-2.5ohm

* Power Range 5W-200W

* Charging Port Type-C

* Charging Current DC 5V/2A

* Atomizer Connection 510 connection

* Tank Size Φ25* 32.85mm (without drip tip and 510 pin)

* Tank Capacity Standard edition: 3.5ml straight PCTG tube/4.5ml bubble glass tube

* Drip Tip 810 delrin drip tip

* Filling Method Top filling

* Airflow Type Adjustable bottom airflow

* Threading 510 thread

* Color King Kong Black, King Kong Blue, King Kong Orange, King Kong Red

FEATURES

• High wattage mod & small-sized sub ohm tank
    • High-performing, excellent build quality
    • Durable with an exquisite leather wrap
    • NexChip technology, rapid-firing in 0.001s
    • 0.96" color screen, easy-to-navigate interface
    • Child lock on fill port, completely leak-proof design
    TANK AND DEVICE SPECIFICATIONS

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_specification.jpg

SIMPLE EASY TOP FILL

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_fill.jpg

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_leakproof.jpg

COMPATABLE COILS

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_coil1.jpg

INCLUDED COILS ( BOTH ARE INCLUDED )

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_coil2.jpg

NEXCHIP WITH TYPE-C 2A FAST CHARGING

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_chip.jpg

DUAL 18650

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_battery.jpg

ATTRACTIVE LEATHER AND VERY LIGHTWEIGHT

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_light.jpg

SIX DIFFERENT BACKGROUND COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM

Wotofo_MDura_Kit_screen.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Many of you that have purchased Wotofo products know just how difficult it is to open and get to the object that you just bought, Wotofo changed their packaging a while back to a much better and easier to open type of packaging but it seems they have reverted back to the difficult package opening, you almost have to destroy the package to get to the product.

With packaging out of the way lets get back to my fist impressions of this kit. The device has a rugged appearance with some soft leather that wraps around the device making it very comfortable in the hand.

Another reason it's comfortable is even though it's a box mod it's very thin nature just fit's the palm of your hand perfectly without any slippage thanks to the leather wrap. The metal frame surrounding the leather is a gunmetal color but in different shades of light it gets a tinge of other colors that sometimes appear.

20210815_135400.jpg

Also provided in this kit is the NEXMINI Sub Tank that fits the MDURA well, it's shipped with the straight 3.5ml tube installed and the bubble 4.5 glass tube is packaged, normally I would use the bubble glass for added capacity but in this case the straight tube in my opinion looked better so I used it in the testing. I'm not a fan of tall tanks and was glad this 25mm was short in stature even with the straight tube.

20210815_144901.jpg

The NEXMINI Sub Tank has triple airflow slots airflow with 6 holes of the same diameter in each of the slots that produce a very nice RDL vape, I had no goofy sounds or whistles vaping it using every type of setting, airflow was very smooth and about average in sound, not very loud. The top fill works very well and it's a slider top cap, look for the arrow colored in white and push to reveal the fill port. I get a perfect RDL vape closing off 1 hole as pictured below, what is adjusted on 1 slot is adjusted on all 3 slots.

20210817_135922.jpg

Filling the NEXMINI is a breeze by sliding open the top cap to reveal the spring loaded fill port that seals after the bottle tip is removed. If using a 100ml bottle or larger you will need to remove the drip tip when filling, all other sized bottles and dropper bottles work without having to do so.

20210817_135320.jpg

Having the 510 centered or at least pretty close to being centered brings the look and comfort of using this combo of the tank and mod all together. The 510 plate is held in place with 3 screws, there may be a nut also securing it as well inside. Tanks will sit flush with no gap showing.

20210817_124956.jpg

The batteries are loaded into the device via a bottom hinged door as many devices use, this battery door has quite a lot of movement without any batteries being inside and when shaken is very noisy but after batteries are installed the door feels solid and no noise is heard from it when the device is shaken. I've went so far as to tap the bottom battery door very hard on a solid surface many times to get it to fail and pop open but it never did. To open the door push in the direction of the arrow, there is also ribbing to help your finger or thumbs grip.

20210817_124457.jpg

I applaud Wotofo on their polarity markings done in white color on the battery door as well as markings for A&B in white also, inside the battery tubes both tubes have correct polarity and are marked with a red + for positive and a blue - for negative. All company's should have the polarity marked this way.

20210817_124610.jpg

I've already shown you one side of the device that has the only branding that is a stand out with in very small print NEXCHIP INSIDE, there is more branding but it's so lightly stamped in the leather that you really have to look for it. In the 2nd picture it's barely visible towards the spine of the device, pictured below is the other spot on the device with branding of Wotofo and it's logo at the very bottom in the leather next to the 2 green accent thread running from top to bottom. This side of the device is also where the charge port is located, unlike some that are difficult to pull the charge plug out the MDURA is easily unplugged when or if you need to use the type-c charge port.

20210817_142845.jpg

We now come to the display screen of the MDURA, in the past I have always liked Wotofo displays because they have all the important information you need nicely laid out and their display screens are usually bright and have vivid images.

The MDURA didn't disappoint me in the display screen, indoors the screen is bight and vivid but outdoors in direct sunlight it washes out some.

If you like to customize your display screen with different colors you will be happy to know that you have 6 different background colors to choose from. I always liked the Wotofo green color that is displayed.

BLUE, GREEN, WHITE, RED, PURPLE, ORANGE

The display layout is pretty self explanatory but I'll list the info displayed from left to right and top to bottom.

* A battery bar B battery bar

* A battery percentage B battery percentage

* Wattage applied Lock/Unlock symbol

* Ohms

* Volts

* Puff counter

* Last vape ( seconds vaped )

20210817_135730.jpg

USING THE WOTOFO MDURA KIT

The very first thing that I noticed was the size of this full sized mod, thin is how I would describe it and lightweight even after 2 18650 batteries were installed. If any of you have the Voopoo Argus GT this MDURA device has just about the same dimensions and is almost as light. The leather wrap is soft and has padding giving it a plush feel that almost sticks to your hand.

There is no ramp up when fired and buttons all feel nice as well as being very responsive when pressed. I mentioned earlier that the battery door really rattled when shaken with no batteries installed but is silent when batteries are installed, I don't shake my devices and probably wouldn't have heard it but like a shake test.

This is a 200 watt device that is painfully slow at scrolling and takes a full 20 seconds to reach 200 watts from 5 watts, thankfully the MDURA has the round robin feature that saves some time.

I couldn't be happier with the display screen even though in direct sunlight it does wash out some but indoors it works great, fonts are large enough and vey sharp and vivid .

Having a battery % for each battery tube as well as a battery bar is a nice bonus that I very much appreciate as well as marking the polarity in white on the battery door, very few company's do this.

Having a color display is good but having a choice of 6 color backgrounds is great and switching colors is effortless that I'll cover shortly.

Being a wattage only device makes it super easy to navigate through the features and adjustments with just a couple button combinations that I'll list below.

* On/Off - 5 quick presses of the fire/power button

* Color change - Press and hold the fire/power button and up button simultaneously

* Clear puff counter - Press and hold fire/power button and down button simultaneously

* Lock/Unlock wattage adjustment - Press and hold up and down buttons simultaneously

* Lock all controls - Press the fire/power button 3 times

The NEXMINI Sub Tank is a very nice one that isn't overly loud even though it has 3 airflow slots instead of the usual 2 slots that most have.

Airflow is very smooth at any setting and this is a tank that I actually use different settings on, some days I just want to get a great vape without having to inhale a ton of air and I can do it with this tank as well as get a airy vape on days I want that.

Both coils work well and give a nice flavorful saturated vape but the pre-installed clapton mesh coil is my favorite of the 2.

PROS

* Lightweight

* leather Padding

* Comfortable

* Thin

* Attractive

* Vibrant Display

* Multicolor Background Choices

* Not Excessively loud

* Very Good Flavor

* Solid Feeling Device

* Battery Polarity Marked In White And Colors

* Dual Battery Percentage

* Triple Airflow Slots

* Easy To Read Display

* Type-C

CONS

* Battery Door Feels Flimsy when Empty

* Slow Scrolling

* Drip Tip Must Be Removed For Filling Using 100ML Bottles

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

First off as most of you know I am a straight wattage vaper for the most part and enjoy fast power without using TC or power curves, I've tried them and prefer straight wattage and it's nice to come across a device that is very simplistic having only wattage as a power mode such as the MDURA.

Hand feel is great and the leather wrap really sticks to the hand, no worry of slippage out of your hand with a lightweight like this.

My one issue is the flimsy battery door, without batteries installed there is a lot of movement but when batteries are in place it's solid as a rock and I really tried hard to get it to fail but it passed with flying colors.

The 2nd issue I have is it's painfully slow 20 second scroll from 5 to 200 watts. Other than those 2 issues the mod proves to be a nice choice to get.

The NEXMINI Sub Tank is a good performer that produces more than enough vapor and with the supplied coils above average flavor is a given.

As I said earlier I am a big fan of the clapton mesh coil and feel it gives off better flavor than the straight mesh 0.2Ω coil while giving me the warmth that I like.

I didn't think I was going to like the tank when I first saw the triple airflow slots and if it didn't have the airholes inside the slots I might have had a different viewpoint but I think Wotofo did a great job on this tank and I do like it a lot.

Overall I think it's a very nice kit as a whole and I do recommend it .

I would like to thank Sue and Healthcabin for providing the MDURA Kit for the purpose of this review and it can be purchased at Heathcabin using this link Wotofo MDura 200W Mod Kit With NexMINI Sub Ohm Tank Atomizer 3.5ml

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Thanks Hitt I have no clue as to why all the colors have the King Kong reference to them, I'm curious myself.

I just thought that was funny and didn’t know if there was some inspiration from the movie tied to the mod.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread