Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Last edited:

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
*sigh* You guys are killin' me posting all these cool tanks. Now I have to order one of these too...:(:D

edit: I really like the looks of the offset "pinch" style posts. This should require less acrobatics to throw a coil on than the full size, which, while not horrible by any means, still strikes me as a bit awkward.

Last edited:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Omfg I am in LOVE like omg ! The flavor is amazing on this I want to see better then the moonshot which is the only RTA I can think to compare this to. I made a quick build video but dropped my iPhone in the sink trying to juggle my mod in one hand and the phone in the other ! So this is much easier to build then the original serpent and the only cons i can think of are 3ml capacity and no juice flow control. I am really in love with this little guy and if anyone has any questions let me know. It took me less then 10 min to build and wick on my first try. 5 wrap 316l 26x32 single core clapton ohming out to .4 !!!!

Chain vaping with no dry hits !!!!

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Omfg I am in LOVE like omg ! The flavor is amazing on this I want to see better then the moonshot which is the only RTA I can think to compare this to. I made a quick build video but dropped my iPhone in the sink trying to juggle my mod in one hand and the phone in the other ! So this is much easier to build then the original serpent and the only cons i can think of are 3ml capacity and no juice flow control. I am really in love with this little guy and if anyone has any questions let me know. It took me less then 10 min to build and wick on my first try. 5 wrap 316l 26x32 single core clapton ohming out to .4 !!!!

Hope your phone's ok. See what you started, now I want one too! Lol! That was pretty quick ordering from Wotofo! Uhm should I order from Wotofo? $34.99 free shipping or gag Fasttech preorder for $22.39 eta 4/30?

The no jfc doesn't really affect anything does it? I've been leaving the jfc open on my Serpent.

MotorcityVapeman

Mar 14, 2016
The Motorcity

Now you really got my interest!! I have the Moonshot, very very good flavor, but the build deck being a little goofy and the wicking with a slight leaking, has been a little challenging!
Do you own both? and the next question, if some miserable SOB came over and stole your RTA's which one would you replace?
Sorry about the phone!!

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Got mine today, but I haven't had a chance to do anything with it, other than pull everything out of the box and look at it. Glad you're so stoked about yours, Sed8. :cool:

0416161737_zpsiednzsjh.jpg

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Damn and I just bought the original serpent.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
You'll love it! I love mine :hubba:! The mini should be great for out & about & look nice with the Eleaf Pico. If you haven't already go check out the thread on the Serpent. Lots of love for the Serpent there.

cj081283

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2015
Got mine today, but I haven't had a chance to do anything with it, other than pull everything out of the box and look at it. Glad you're so stoked about yours, Sed8. :cool:

0416161737_zpsiednzsjh.jpg

That little thing looks really slick. If you get a chance, would you mind posting some more pics, especially some close ups of the build deck? I love my original serpent but not too big a fan of the build deck. The way the deck is on it and wrapping from the underside made wrapping a parallel coil a no go on it for me and believe me I tried lol.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
I will get some additional pics. I can't do anything super high quality (old school cell phone), but I'll do my best. :thumb:

edit: Well, crud...This isn't going to work out well. My only camera is on my Samsung Alias 2 flip phone(yes, I still carry it:D). It just doesn't want to take a clear picture at close range. Here you can see the fill slots under the top cap, and you can kinda sorta see the two offset open-top (no holes) posts. I just washed the whole thing out. I probably won't build on it till tomorrow at least. Not sure if I'll be able to get good pics or not, but I'll give it a shot. :blink:

347c3437-4f5a-4972-9124-a21d85e67436_zpsunep5xvw.jpg

Last edited:

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
That little thing looks really slick. If you get a chance, would you mind posting some more pics, especially some close ups of the build deck? I love my original serpent but not too big a fan of the build deck. The way the deck is on it and wrapping from the underside made wrapping a parallel coil a no go on it for me and believe me I tried lol.
I know... What's up with that? I was really hoping with the new post design that they would get away from that left handed deck (having to wrap the coils counterclockwise)

Reactions: KenD

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I know... What's up with that? I was really hoping with the new post design that they would get away from that left handed deck (having to wrap the coils counterclockwise)
I agree as well. I can't use my coil jig when wrapping for the Serpent (original, not mini). Not that huge of a deal, just can't understand why they made that design choice.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Okay, I did a build: 24g Kanthal, 7 wraps, 3mm, .68 ohms. A couple of observations, too. First, above 20w on my VTC Mini the stainless drip tip gets hot on a long drag. If you're a high wattage/voltage vaper who likes to take long drags, you'll want to put a non-metallic tip on this. This is obviously a result of the shortness of the tank and closeness of the tip to the coil. Second, you have to be VERY careful to clip the coil leads so that they are basically completely flush with the posts. If you don't, the deck won't fit into the chimney, due to the tolerances between the posts and chimney walls. You obviously don't want your leads touching the chimney anyway, but I was just surprised by the tolerances in this one. If you leave even .5mm of lead sticking out, the unit cannot be assembled. Just make sure the flats of your snips, clippers, whatever, are pressed firmly against the deck posts when clipping the leads off.

Other than that, this tank is really nice! Nice airflow, zero leaking issues (thus far), and very easy to build on. I'm not even going to try to get detailed pics, after the atrocious example I posted in my last reply ( :p ), but I do have a decent digital camera inbound as we speak, since it's apparent that I'll be posting such pics frequently. When it gets here this coming week, I'll try to get some better pics. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread