Status
Not open for further replies.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
It is a great atty. huge flavor and the airflow is massive! Yet you can dial the air back to mouth to lung. I have a bunch of atties yet I have been using this almost exclusively. Good capacity. Nice machining.

It is a bit fiddly at first as you have two airflow controls. But it is pretty easy to get the hang of, and stays where you put it.

The one con is you get a bit of juice build up around the airflow. No leaking but you will get some on your hand from time to time.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I have the original Freakshow (the carbon fiber version) and it was a great RDA at the time, but definitely has its flaws, the biggest of which is the positioning of the bottom airflow holes. There is no "lip" separating them from the outside edge of the drip well, so any condensation that builds up on the walls of the barrel drip down right into the airflow holes and out the bottom. It's small size also makes it difficult to see how much juice is in the well in dual coil mode, and it is very easy to add just a couple of drops too much, and then that excess juice pours out the bottom through the airflow holes. Finally, it uses a 3-post deck with rather small post holes -- anything thicker than a simple 24 gauge dual coil build is difficult or impossible to mount.

The Freakshow V2 looks like it addresses every one of these issues with the original. The airflow holes inside the deck are separated from from the rest of the deck. The larger size will make it much easier to gauge how much juice to add. And the efficient Velocity-style deck is a major upgrade from the old standard 3-post deck. I am definitely going to be getting one of these. The timing just depends on whether my next purchase (a second RTA) will be the Dotmod Petri RTA, or something less expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread