Would really appreciate some input on KVS VV tube mod, as it is on sale this weekend only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessiesmile

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2011
NE Arkansas
I love my 5v passthrough for the heat and flavor, but hate being tethered to the wall for higher volt vaping. I don't like the idea of battery stacking though, so that leaves out several well known inexpensive mods. The provari is just to expensive to justify to the ol' man, and I have heard that the lavatube is unregulated, and the pwr drops as the battery is used. According to Kalamazoo vapers, the KVS tubemod is regulated, accepts IMR 18650 which I already have because of my diamond mod from Parkes. Has anyone owned, or experienced the KVS out there, and what is your opinions?

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
I will chech out the KVS! I have a Provari, works great. My Lava Tube is nice for the price and I have had zero issues. Another option is to go with a 3.7 volt mod like the Bolt and vape 1.5 ohm cartos. This will give you vapor production you want without having to get a 5 volt device. Here is a link for you.
http://www.vaporbeast.com/

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
If my link to The KVS VV Tube Mod is correct this is basically a Lavatube..I bought my Variable voltage mod full kit for $59.99+$3 shipping..got is fast too..also this is a smaller registered forum supplier that used to build & sell mods. So for $10 more than the KVS you get 2 batteries (that are decent last at least a day) and a charger..the 2 atomizers are ok but I wouldn't rely on them. I've been very happy with it too...

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I love my 5v passthrough for the heat and flavor, but hate being tethered to the wall for higher volt vaping. I don't like the idea of battery stacking though, so that leaves out several well known inexpensive mods. The provari is just to expensive to justify to the ol' man, and I have heard that the lavatube is unregulated, and the pwr drops as the battery is used. According to Kalamazoo vapers, the KVS tubemod is regulated, accepts IMR 18650 which I already have because of my diamond mod from Parkes. Has anyone owned, or experienced the KVS out there, and what is your opinions?

If you use protected batteries in a well designed PV, you will have no safety concerns. The best 5 volt model on the market is the GLV2. I think you would solve your problem and join a legion of satisfied vapers by getting a 5 volt GLV2. And it does not have all the limitations of a model like the lavatube. And it comes with a lifetime warranty unlike the lavatube:

GLV-2 Electronic Cigarette [GLV-2] - $120.00 : Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Oh BTW the Lavatube and other different named VV mods that look like it are regulated have many safety features built in..they use safer (nothing is 100% safe and these unprotected batteries should only be used in a device with protection built in) high drain batteries..sure they don't have a protection circuit but that protection is in the device.

With this or any "mod" one thing I recommend is voltage testing of batteries/chargers to make sure it's within the perimeters..I don't recommend anybody not capable of testing batteries buying a device like these. Really they should test and inspect all there e cig batteries/chargers on occasion...

Last edited:

Creniker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
Salt Lake
Oh BTW the Lavatube and other different named VV mods that look like it are regulated have many safety features built in..they use safer (nothing is 100% safe and these unprotected batteries should only be used in a device with protection built in) high drain batteries..sure they don't have a protection circuit but that protection is in the device.

With this or any "mod" one thing I recommend is voltage testing of batteries/chargers to make sure it's within the perimeters..I don't recommend anybody not capable of testing batteries buying a device like these. Really they should test and inspect all there e cig batteries/chargers on occasion...

These batteries are actually safer inside of unprotected mods then Protected Lithium batteries. They do not vent in the same manner, and are generally considered much safer in any pv.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
These batteries are actually safer inside of unprotected mods then Protected Lithium batteries. They do not vent in the same manner, and are generally considered much safer in any pv.

Oh yeah I'm sure but it's probably better for the average user to just use protected batteries in a unprotected device since most probably don't know about testing and what issue to watch for..I myself would also at least want some kind of fuse or "breaker" in any e cig I used with any battery..not to mention a decent vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread